Cypress EZ-USB Driver for EMG/EP Device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nade
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Good day,

I am here because i am in desperate need for help. I am a neurophysiologist in a low income country who just got an old EMG machine for use on our patients as the older machine is bad

Tried connecting the machine to the computer (Win XP, Win 7, Win 10) but it seems the OS is not recognizing the device for which i suspect a driver issue. I can see a Cypress EZ-USB, FX, FX2, and SX2 Development Kit 2.30.710 installed when i install the software that come with the machine. 

I am looking for assistance on how to get the computer to recognize the machine as i feel its something with the driver setting

If this is not the right medium, can i please to connected with someone who can help?
Below is a picture of the error i get when i try to use the machine

IMG-20220324-WA0005.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Kindly check Q1 and Q3 in the following KBA: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/FX2LP-FAQs-KBA34529/ta-p/337651

A doc for driver binding is also attached along with the KBA.

Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
MallikaK_22

Hi,

Kindly check Q1 and Q3 in the following KBA: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/FX2LP-FAQs-KBA34529/ta-p/337651

A doc for driver binding is also attached along with the KBA.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes

Hello, 
I have read the doc and gone to my device manager
I can't see anything related under the "Other devices" button
It is like there is nothing plugged in as the PC doesnt even make the usual sound that occurs when devices are connected.

Any ideas how to proceed from here please?
Sorry for being a bother.

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi,

Can you please check under USB controllers?

Also, please attach screenshots of the expanded view of Device Manager under both USB controllers and Others.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes

Thanks for your response

An update to my problem

I took the machine home, connected it to my laptop that runs on Windows 11 and it made the usual sound and i could see something was connected under "Others" in the Device manager

I located the Hardware VID and PIN (USB\VID_0547 USB\VID_0547&PID_1002) and used the Microsoft Update Catalog to see if that would help download the driver. The results are shown below:

Screenshot (177).png

This gave me a clue of the problem. The machine seems quite old and maybe the drivers were not compatible with newer editions of Windows. Though i still don't understand why the Kiel uVision and Cypress USB-FX2 software comes with the installation to use the machine. 

I installed the driver that windows suggested and got the "Code 10 error". And i don't seem to see the "Others" options under Device Manager when i connected the machine anymore, neither do i get the usual sound when a USB device is connected.

I hope this helps and would be grateful if you have any ideas to help me
Been literally sitting on this machine for the last 2 weeks without doing any other thing meaningful
Here is the expanded view you requested for though

Screenshot (178).png

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in response.

We have compatible drivers uptill Windows 10 available on web. Drivers for Win 11 are not yet released.

It would be best if you can try driver binding with the latest drivers on a Win 10 system.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes