CyUSB.sys driver on 32-bit Windows

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have a reason why I should be able to use the "Vista/Windows 7" version of the CyUSB.sys driver on WindowsXP?  I know that Cypress provides separate drivers for the various Windows OS's, but to simplify my installation program, I would prefer to install the same driver on all 32-bit Windows OS's.  I have tested the Windows 7 CyUSB.sys driver on WindowsXP, and it seems to work OK...

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops, I made a mistake in my question above; I meant to say if there was any reason why I should NOT be able to use the Windows 7 CyUSB.sys driver on Windows XP...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just figured out why this will not work:  using the Windows 7 version of the CyUSB.sys seems to work fine on Windows XP in terms of operating and communicating with the device, but Windows XP "blue screens" when you try to go into StandBy mode. The Windows XP version of CyUSB.sys had no problems going in to and out of StandBy mode, so I guess I'll have to install the different CyUSB.sys versions for different Windows OS's.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Professor:

I am a beginner, and i need a  CYUSB.SYS file to help me.

thank you!

0 Likes