CyUSB Driver for ARM64 processor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Yosuf
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins First reply posted

We have a product using a CY7C68013 FX2LP processor connected to a host via High Speed USB.  Currently the host is a tablet with an X86 processor running 64-bit Windows 10; the Cypress CyUSB driver is used to communicate with the CY7C68013 processor.  We have found that the USB3 version of the CyUSB driver works in our current system.  We are considering building a new host with an ARM64 variant processor running Windows 10.  We would need the equivalent of the USB3 version of the CyUSB driver for the ARM64 processor.  What options are available?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

We don't have drivers for ARM processors.

I think you will have to rebuild the driver for ARM.

Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
MallikaK_22

Hi,

We provide CyUSB3 drivers for Windows OS. Since your host system though built on an ARM processor is Windows OS, the CyUSB3 driver should work.

Please let me know if you are facing any issues.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes

Hi Mallika,

Thank you for your quick response, but after consulting with our Windows guru, we believe your "CyUSB3 drivers for Windows OS" will not work in our system.  He downloaded the USB3 package and said it contained Windows 10 drivers for X86 and X64, and also Linux drivers for ARM, but no Windows 10 driver for ARM processor.  Keep in mind that code for X86 and X64 machines will not run on an ARM processor.  Is there another package that contains Windows 10 drivers for ARM?

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi,

We don't have drivers for ARM processors.

I think you will have to rebuild the driver for ARM.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
Yosuf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mallika,

I spoke to our Windows guru and he said if you can provide source code for the CyUSB driver, he can recompile the code for ARM and try to get it to work in our system.  Would that be possible?  If he is successful, we will be glad to share the result with your team so that you could pass it on to any other potential users.

Thanks,

Yosuf

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi,

Please download the CyUSB3 USB Suite Source present in the FX3 SDK: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/design-support/tools/sdk/usb-controllers-sdk/ez-usb-fx3-software-dev...

You will the source code in it.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
Yosuf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mallika,

Here is the response from our Windows guru:

I was able to download the source. The buildall batch file failed with the error “multiple entries for [SourceDisksFiles]” and “multiple entries for [DestinationDirs]”.

I commented out the second copies of the lines in the INF file, lines related to “WdfCoInstaller”. I was then able to build the driver in Visual Studio 2015. I then tried that file change with Visual Studio 2022 (needed for ARM64) and it also compiled correctly.

When I attempt to install the driver on our ARM64 system, I get this error:

Yosuf_0-1662043385812.png

I tried re-adding the WdfCoInstaller lines back into the INF for installation, and get the same error.

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in my response. Did you use Windows Driver Kit ( WDK) for doing this?

Regards,

Mallika