Control of RTS and DTR in CY7C65215

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NXTY_Nishinaga
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - NEXTY (Japan)
100 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 25 replies posted

Hello,

In CY7C65215, is it possible to control ON/OFF of RTS and DTR by control transfer request (SET_CONTROL_LINE_STATE) of CDC from host?

Regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

No, CY7C65223 firmware does support SET_CONTROL_LINE_STATE. I did a simple test to demonstrate this-

>> Configured CY7C65223 from the USB serial configuration utility to UART CDC mode, 4-pin. Using a terminal application, I enabled flow control and toggled the RTS button (as shown in the attached screenshot). The toggling was observed on RTS line and is captures using a saleae logic analyzer.

1.PNG2.PNG

Apologies for misunderstanding your question in the first place.

Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
MallikaK_22

Hi,

Kindly note that CY7C65215 is a fixed firmware part. Such changes in the firmware cannot be made.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
NXTY_Nishinaga
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

Does this mean that the CY7C65223 firmware does not support the SET_CONTROL_LINE_STATE request in the CDC class?

Regards.

0 Likes
NXTY_Nishinaga
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

To add to my previous question, I would like to connect RTS and DTR to the microcontroller and switch them under control from the host side. Is it possible?

For example, RTS and DTR are controlled from the host side, and mode switching is performed on the microcontroller side.

Regards.

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi,

No, CY7C65223 firmware does support SET_CONTROL_LINE_STATE. I did a simple test to demonstrate this-

>> Configured CY7C65223 from the USB serial configuration utility to UART CDC mode, 4-pin. Using a terminal application, I enabled flow control and toggled the RTS button (as shown in the attached screenshot). The toggling was observed on RTS line and is captures using a saleae logic analyzer.

1.PNG2.PNG

Apologies for misunderstanding your question in the first place.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes