Can different endpoints of 68013A work at the same time?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
qiwec_297866
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

I want to designer a servo control card which use 68013A to transfer collect data and command, and the endpoint 0 and 0x86 are used. If I let the endpoint 0x86(slavefifo mode) to transfer data continuously, at the meanwhile, the endpoint 0 can change command at any time, can this be achieved? Can endpoint 0 and 0x86 work at the same time?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

By not working simultaneously,I mean, if you issue a command on the Control endpoint while there is an ongoing transfer over the Bulk endpoint through the slave FIFO interface, the data transfer will be interrupted by the host to send the command in between as per the queue. This will also be done on FX3 since both the commands cant be sent at the same time on the USB bus. Please let me know if that meets your requirement.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Yes ideally both the endpoint buffers can work at the same time. However, you can only send one command at a time on the host side i.e. the Control and Bulk transfer wont occur simultaneously from the host side and will be queued before being sent on the USB lines.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

Hello SananyaM_56

While the 68013A could not meet my requirements, If the cyusb3014 can be competent for this task? If I use cyusb3014 to transfer command through endpoint 0 and read collect data using slavefifo mode at the same time, is it feasible?

0 Likes

Hello,

By not working simultaneously,I mean, if you issue a command on the Control endpoint while there is an ongoing transfer over the Bulk endpoint through the slave FIFO interface, the data transfer will be interrupted by the host to send the command in between as per the queue. This will also be done on FX3 since both the commands cant be sent at the same time on the USB bus. Please let me know if that meets your requirement.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

Hello

It seems that cyusb304 would not meet my requirement,and the gigabit enthernet could be a good choice.

0 Likes