CYstream application for Image sensor interfacing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The Image sensor in VGA resolution gives only 11 FPS(640*480=307200bytes) in the CY-stream application.But I got 45 FPS  (read only 640*480=307200 Bytes) in the Full  resolution(2592*1944) .The bytes read from the sensor was same but speed was different. Please let me know the reason for this .

Best regards,

Sandeep

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Sandeep,

- The throughput seen on the Streamer application is dependent on the IFCLK signal, sensor resolution and FPS that comes from the image sensor. For a higher resolution or higher FPS, the number of bytes of data sampled by FX2 will be higher and hence the data rate on the host will also be higher.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Sandeep,

- Can you please elaborate the below statement?

"I got 45 FPS  (read only 640*480=307200 Bytes) in the Full  resolution(2592*1944)"

- Are you using Streamer application to read the data in both the resolutions?

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello srinath,

I edited the code of the Cystream for image sensor application and read 307200 bytes(VGA MODE=640*480) . I noticed that total bytes received per second  in the 640*480 resolution is lower than 2592*1944 resolution .The same 307200 bytes is read in the  2592*1944 resolution ,means i didn't change the source code to receive 2592*1944 =5038848 bytes.

I also checked the Cystream-application .

The screenshot for the Full resolution in the CYstream application  is attached herewith.

Full_resolution.jpg

The screenshot for the VGA resolution in the CYstream application is attached herewith.

VGA.jpg

Best regards,

Sandeep

0 Likes

Hello Sandeep,

- Are you using the same implementation mentioned in  fx2 can read 5039104 bytes ? If yes, please confirm if you have modified the Streamer host application.

- Please mention the changes you have made to the Streamer application. When is the XferData() API called? Is it after every 307200 bytes are read? Kindly, share the code snippet of the modified Streamer application.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I am using the same implementation mentioned in fx2 can read 5039104 bytes

I have modified the CYstream code like this https://files.fm/u/kt95e5xk

VX_AA=0x1A , vendor command send to FX2 to set 6408*480 resolution in the Image sensor.

I also checked in the streamer.exe,cypress application . The screen shots which attached in the above post is tested in the CYstream.exe application not cheked in the edited code.

Best regards,

Sandeep

0 Likes

Hello Sandeep,

- The throughput seen on the Streamer application is dependent on the IFCLK signal, sensor resolution and FPS that comes from the image sensor. For a higher resolution or higher FPS, the number of bytes of data sampled by FX2 will be higher and hence the data rate on the host will also be higher.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes