CYUSBS234: Using libraries in .NET -

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello,

I am Using CyI2cWrite write to setup a read from base address (a device that does not have registers, just slave address), reading from base address (no register address) gives an error "CY_ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER".

Question 1: Is there a way to read from base address?

I also want to say that if the error is ignored, the reads are good. It is just not correct to get an error when the intent is to not include a register address.

All other writes and reads are returning success and are validated that the I2C devices on the bus works as intended. The Cypress 234 is a master.

I am using library cyusbserial.dll.

I have seen this post: CYUSBS234: Using libraries in .NET

According to the Library documentation, there is only one single i2C write method.

Question 2: is there also a .NET library for doing UART and SPI? 

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- The CyI2CRead() API itself sets up the read operation to the slave address. There is no need of using the CyI2CWrite() API before performing the read operation.

- The cyusbserial.dll contains the APIs for I2C, UART, SPI and GPIO. Please refer to the Cypress USB-Serial API documentation for more details.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- The CyI2CRead() API itself sets up the read operation to the slave address. There is no need of using the CyI2CWrite() API before performing the read operation.

- The cyusbserial.dll contains the APIs for I2C, UART, SPI and GPIO. Please refer to the Cypress USB-Serial API documentation for more details.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes