CY7C68013A Device Driver Installation for Windows 10 x64

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoCh_4637821
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I followed the KB Drivers for EZ-USB® FX1™ , FX2LP™ , and FX3™ - KBA94413  to download Drivers.zip.

When I update driver through browse my unzip driver, Windows prompted "Couldnot find the driver for your device"

My device is a simple logic analysis 24MHz with CY7C68013A chip.

When I study this KB, it claims no need to modify INF (Adding the VID/PID is already done in the attached .inf file , so you can skip "Step A : Add the device's Vendor ID and Product ID to the CYUSB3.INF file).

What else I should modify in order to install device driver on Windows 10 x64?

By the way, I use USB 2.0 to miniUSB cable to this device. Don't know if I need to use USB 3.0...

Thank you,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

The VID and PID corresponds to the Saleae Logic Anayser driver which uses Saleae.inf.

Driver requirement will depend on the FX2LP booting method. If FX2LP is configured for "C0" load, then you will need to install the driver twice, once when the FX2LP enumerates with the VID and PID present in the EEPROM, this will load another firmware from the host through USB to RAM, the newly loaded firmware will have a different VID/PID and will need another driver to be installed.

Please refer to AN50963 ​for information of FX2LP boot options. I assume that you are using C0 load, where the first byte in the EEPROM is "0xC0"

If you are using sigrok PluseView, please refer to this KBA for complete installation of the driver and working.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

USB 2.0 cable is fine as FX2LP is a high speed device.

Can you please let me know the VID and PID of the FX2LP device. You can check this in the device manager ->

details -> property -> Device instance path. If the VID and PID of the device is listed in the inf file of the driver package, then the device should bind to the respective driver.

Also, please check the OS version and its architecture and manually bind the device to the proper driver.

Refer to the answer in this thread for steps to manually bind the device to a specifc driver: Why the USB drivers is not working for Windows 10?

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi Yatheesh,

Thank you for your prompted reply. I really appreciate it.

Below is its Device instance path - USB\VID_0925&PID_3881\5&36A3B657&0&3.

I couldn’t find it in the Windows x64 INF as downloaded from this link: Drivers for EZ-USB® FX1™ , FX2LP™ , and FX3™ - KBA94413

However, I follow the advice from link to edit the VID/PID into INF on all sections. I still encounter same error message "Couldnot find the driver for your device". This device is hidden under Other devices.

I tried to use Saleae Logic USB driver, it does allow me to install with "This device is working properly." under General. However, there is Device USB\VID_0925&PID_3881\5&36a3b657&0&2 requires further installation under Events tab.

And, the PulseView and Logic 2 applications are kind of weird. Signal caught is not quite right...

Any idea?

Thank you !

0 Likes

Hello,

The VID and PID corresponds to the Saleae Logic Anayser driver which uses Saleae.inf.

Driver requirement will depend on the FX2LP booting method. If FX2LP is configured for "C0" load, then you will need to install the driver twice, once when the FX2LP enumerates with the VID and PID present in the EEPROM, this will load another firmware from the host through USB to RAM, the newly loaded firmware will have a different VID/PID and will need another driver to be installed.

Please refer to AN50963 ​for information of FX2LP boot options. I assume that you are using C0 load, where the first byte in the EEPROM is "0xC0"

If you are using sigrok PluseView, please refer to this KBA for complete installation of the driver and working.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes