CY7C65215A Straps for Unused Pins

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EngGuy
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

I have two questions related to getting the resistor strapping correct for my application, please. I do not plan on using the configuration utility to program the parts, so I want to make sure everything will behave as expected when using the default Mode 0 configuration on power up.

1. The datasheet does not specify the default states for the dedicated GPIO pins. I am presuming they are TRISTATE and that if I am not using them I can just tie them directly to GND. Please confirm. 

2. Mode 0 configures for 6-pin UARTs but my design only has RXD and TXD. Is it ok to leave the flow controls (i.e. CTS, RTS, DSR, DTR) as no connects in 6-pin UART mode or do I need to specifically tie them directly, or pull them up/down to specific active/inactive states.

Thank you in advance!

-Chris

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Chris,

1. The default configuration for the gpios is listed on Page 15, Pin Description in the datasheet.

2. Please refer to the following KBA for default configuration  of the UART pins: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Default-Configuration-of-UART-Pins-in-USB-...

Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Chris,

1. The default configuration for the gpios is listed on Page 15, Pin Description in the datasheet.

2. Please refer to the following KBA for default configuration  of the UART pins: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Default-Configuration-of-UART-Pins-in-USB-...

Regards,

Mallika

EngGuy
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked

Thank you, Mallika!

0 Likes