CY7C65215 configuration

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
lopo_1264666
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

I followed "SuperSpeed Device Design by Example" to configure SCB0 of CY7C65215 on SuperSpeed Explorer Kit from UART to I2C (Freq = 400000, Mode = Slave and Slave Address = 0x42). After I select Device --> Reset, it failed to enumerate as COM port and I couldn't change it back to UART either.

The attachment showed that USB-Serial Configuration Utility failed to find it. I too tried to update the driver for USB-Serial (Dual Channel) but it failed.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Looks like you have configured one of the SCBs in I2C VCP mode and another SCB in vendor mode.

Please follow the below steps to recover the device:

1. Follow the initial steps to manually bind the "USB-Serial (Dual channel)"device to cyusb3 driver.  Browse to the cyusb3.inf file in the FX3 SDK.

2. Click OK. This will list all the drivers that can be bound to the respective device. (refer to the screen shot)

3. Select USB-Serial MFG mode and install the driver by clicking next. This might give you a warning, click yes and proceed the installation.

4. If only one driver is shown. Please uncheck the "show compatible hardware" box and bind the driver to the device.

5. The device will be detected by the configuration utility. Once the device comes up, you can change the configuration to the default one and reset the device again. This will bind the devices to their default drivers.

Please refer to the below screen shot

pastedImage_0.png

Regards,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Try manually binding the USB-Serial device to the cyusb3 driver present in FX3 SDK as it has the latest version of  cyusb3 driver.

Restart the PC once you bind the driver.

Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes
lock attach

It failed to install the driver.

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please let me know what error are you seeing when you try to bind the device to the cysub3 driver and the VID/PID with which the device is enumearting? you can check the VID/PID in device manager ->  open device properties -> details -> device instance path.

The USB-Serial device CY7C65215 should enumerate with three interfaces, one among them is USB-Serial (Dual channel) Mfg which will be detected by the USB-Serial Configuration utility. Are you seeing three interfaces enumerating when you connect the device to the host. What are those interfaces?

Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes
lock attach

Can you please let me know what error are you seeing when you try to bind the device to the cysub3 driver and the VID/PID with which the device is numerating?

Refer to previous sS2.png.

you can check the VID/PID in device manager -> open device properties -> details -> device instance path.

USB\VID_04B4&PID_0033&MI_02\6&21FA93B4&0&0002

What are those interfaces?

Refer to the attached USB Control Center.png

0 Likes

Hello,

Looks like you have configured one of the SCBs in I2C VCP mode and another SCB in vendor mode.

Please follow the below steps to recover the device:

1. Follow the initial steps to manually bind the "USB-Serial (Dual channel)"device to cyusb3 driver.  Browse to the cyusb3.inf file in the FX3 SDK.

2. Click OK. This will list all the drivers that can be bound to the respective device. (refer to the screen shot)

3. Select USB-Serial MFG mode and install the driver by clicking next. This might give you a warning, click yes and proceed the installation.

4. If only one driver is shown. Please uncheck the "show compatible hardware" box and bind the driver to the device.

5. The device will be detected by the configuration utility. Once the device comes up, you can change the configuration to the default one and reset the device again. This will bind the devices to their default drivers.

Please refer to the below screen shot

pastedImage_0.png

Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes