CY7C65213 TX led remains low

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dieterT
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi,

In my application I use the CY7C65213 to communicate from the device to my receiver program.

When the device on the uart is sending data but the receiver isn't active. But becomes active after 1min I can receive data but the transmitted data isn't received by the de device on the uart side. I can see that my TX led remains low. 

I need todo a chip reset to get this working again. How does this come? How can I fix this without doing a reset?

Kind regards,

Dieter

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi Dieter, 

At my end, I received the buffer data on opening the receiving terminal after the file was sent from the other terminal. For this I enabled flow control.

Can you please let me know if you have enabled flow control? If not, please try to enable it.

What is the expected output? Is it expected to get a whole file or buffer data?

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Meghavi

Hi Dieter,

1) Can you please confirm that you are using CDC UART  not Vendor UART?

2) Can you please test using the Microsoft CDC driver instead of Cypress CDC driver? You can refer the Knowledge Base article available in the link: http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/binding-usb-serial-device-microsoft-cdc-driver-kba9136...

Please confirm if you can see the issue or not.

Regards

0 Likes

Hi Meghavi,

1) Yes I am using the CDC UART.

2) I am not using the CYC65213 with microsoft but on a linux based device.  When I look in the syslog I can see that the manufacturer is "cypress semiconductor"

Kind regards,

Dieter

0 Likes
Meghavi

Hi Dieter,

Kindly let us know what are you using as receiver program and which device is connected to CY7C65213 on the UART side?

Can you please probe the TX line while transmitting the data from receiver to device for us to check?

Also, please refer this thread: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Testing-a-USB-Serial-Bridge-Controller-Con... and check whether loopback is working properly or not.

Best Regards

0 Likes
dieterT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using tunslip6 as receiver on a raspberry pi. On the other side I have a RIIM module from radiocraft. For me it's not possible to probe the TX line. 

What I saw was that this problem occured when my RIIM module sended data but the receiving program wasn't active. After a while the TX line just stayed low. When the tunslip program started in time this wasn"t  a problem. And I could send and receive data. 

It almost looks like there's a buffer that gets filled but because there's no receiver the data just waits there. Even when eventually a receiver connects. 

Kind regards,

Dieter

0 Likes
Meghavi

Hi Dieter,

Yes your understanding is correct. If the receiver program is not started before transmission of the data, you won't receive the correct data. But you would be able to receive correct data when your receiver program starts in time. Kindly confirm for the same.

Regards

0 Likes
dieterT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Meghavi,

Not really. Let me try to explain, I have 2 devices that I will name device A and B:

1) My device A starts. 

2) Device A sends data trying to get a connection over the UART.  The device B isn't ready at this moment.

3) After a couple of data pakkets have been send from device A without feedback, I can see that the tx led output stays low. 

4) Device B starts but there isn't any communication possible, device B doesn't get any data and the data send from device B doesn't arrive at device A. I can see  that the tx led output stays low and doesn't change. 

5) When I give a reset puls on the reset pin of the IC everything starts to communicate. 

So without a reset puls the communication doesn't start. I hope this gives a better understanding of the issue. And at this moment I just give a reset from device B when the startup is complete.

Kind regards

0 Likes
Meghavi

Hi Dieter,

Apologies for the delay in response. In order to analyze the problem we will require some more details. Can you please provide the following details:

- System level block diagram

- Uart RX-TX Plot

Regards

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
dieterT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have a Scoop to get a RX-TX plot. 

Attached is a block diagram of the setup. It's possible this problem won't be an issue in the near future, because we are thinking or removing the CY7C65213 from the board and using the on board UART of a new SBC. 

Kind regards,

Dieter

0 Likes
Meghavi

Hi Dieter, 

At my end, I received the buffer data on opening the receiving terminal after the file was sent from the other terminal. For this I enabled flow control.

Can you please let me know if you have enabled flow control? If not, please try to enable it.

What is the expected output? Is it expected to get a whole file or buffer data?

Regards

0 Likes
dieterT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For this project it wasn't necessary to get buffered data. It was for communication. I don't think flow control is enabled. 

But we decided not to continue with the  chip for this project so at this moment I won't be able to test this. 

I would  like  to thank you for taking your time to help me with this issue. Maybe we will use this chip in  the future and then I can take more time to figure  this problem out. 

Kind regards

0 Likes