[CY7C65211A] - “Mode: I2C” and “Protocol: CDC”

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Ivan_Lee
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Zenitron(GC)
100 replies posted 5 likes given 100 sign-ins

We configure the CY7C65211A as “Mode: I2C” and “Protocol: CDC” by  Configuration Utility.

in the Linux OS  using Cypress Linux SDK , the “lsusb” command displayed it as CDC.

but when execute CyI2CRead() routine ( cyi2c.c file ), this routine will print the below error message:

"CY:Error opened device is not i2c ..Function is CyI2cRead"

How to solve ? we would like to use CDC protocol to read/write I2C.65211A.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The USB Serial API guide is supported for vendor modes. When configuring the device in CDC mode, Linux does not need a separate driver or library. The native Serial communication APIs can be used for accessing the CDC mode device.

USB Serial SDK for Linux can be found here: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/design-support/tools/sdk/usb-controllers-sdk/usb-serial-software-dev...

Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MallikaK_22

Hi,

The USB Serial API guide is supported for vendor modes. When configuring the device in CDC mode, Linux does not need a separate driver or library. The native Serial communication APIs can be used for accessing the CDC mode device.

USB Serial SDK for Linux can be found here: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/design-support/tools/sdk/usb-controllers-sdk/usb-serial-software-dev...

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
Ivan_Lee
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Zenitron(GC)
100 replies posted 5 likes given 100 sign-ins

Hi, Mallika

We use SDK for linux and pop out  this error message "CY:Error opened device is not i2c ..Function is CyI2cRead" if 65211A is configured as "Mode = I2C , Protocol = CDC"

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi,

Could you please let me know if you are using the Cypress DVK or a custom kit? If a custom kit, please share the schematics.

Could you also check section 3.3.4.1 in the CYUSBS234 Kit Guide? It includes the test procedure for the I2C configuration. Can you check if I2C SCB is working fine and share the results?

Could you please also share the screenshots of USB Serial utility where you are configuring the device as I2C.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes