CY7C65211 default HEX File

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ShYa_2805961
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Hello,

I got some old version CY7C65211 chip, I want to fix these chips.

Currently CY7C65211 FW Version is 1.0.4.74

see attached picture,

configuration.png

When I use USB Serial Test Utility Tool, find only MFG device, don't find USB to I2C Bridge, although I already configure SCB mode to I2C Master Mode. So I think this chip FW have some errors. I want to get latest Hex File to update chips by MiniProg3. Could you help me?

Test Utility.png

Thanks

Shijie

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Shijie,

The USB Serial parts has fixed firmware and it cannot be configured apart from the change in configuration table. Since the Device cannot be recovered using the previously method mentioned, and also the firmware on the part is older one, I think the USB Serial part firmware is corrupted.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Can you please confirm if the device is bound to USB-Serial (Single Channel) Vendor 1? and also the driver version which you are using.

Please bind the device to the latest driver from the FX3 SDK.

Check the test utility information.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi YatheeshK

My Test Utility Version is the same with you attached. And the Driver version is 1.2.3.23(date is  2018 11/12) I think it is the latest version.

Could you let me know how to check if if the device is bound to USB-Serial (Single Channel) Vendor 1?

I only see MFG mode at 0x00FA PID in Test Utility Tool, so I think the device only can enter one Vendor Mode, not I2C, SPI or UART mode.

Also I found PID is very strange, I change SCB to I2C or SPI or UART, PID always keep 0x00FA, in fact, the document about CY7C65211 tell me the PID will change automatically based on SCB block mode. So I think the FW in the chip may be error, and I want to refresh the chip FW by Miniprog3. Maybe this method can fix these chips.

Thanks

Shijie

0 Likes

Hello,

Please check in the device manager. If the device is configured to I2C/SPI vendor mode the PID of the device should be 0x0004 and when the device is plugged in, 2 devices should be enumerated in the device manager. Please confirm this.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi Yatheesh

Please see attached picture,

I only see one Mode, MFG mode, its PID always is 00FA. I don't see I2C/SPI mode

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks

Shijie

0 Likes

Hello Shijie,

Please follow the the below steps mentioned:

1. Uninstall all the drivers bound to the device.

This can be done by right clicking on the device in the device manager and select uninstall device. Check the box that says "Delete the driver software for this device" and click on uninstall.

2. Do this till all the installed cyusb3 drivers in PC are uninstalled.

3. Once this is done the device will appear under other devices with no driver installed.

4. Run the driver installer from the USB-Serial SDK. This will bind the device to the proper driver.

If this also gives you the same results . Please try the steps mentioned in section " 3.3.8 CYUSBS234 DVK Restore Default Configuration Settings" in this document https://www.cypress.com/file/123346/download

Please let me know the results.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi Yatheesh

Above actions are not helpful for this issue. The chip don't have any changes.

Also I found one DVK(CCG3PA), which have one CY7C65211 on the board. When I connect this DVK board with my computer, everything is OK, I can get I2C/UART/SPI Vendor, so I think my computer's driver is OK.

Thanks

Shijie

0 Likes

Hi Yatheesh

I have an idea about this issue, I think CY7C65211 have one bootloader inside, correct? then could you help me check whether PID is always 0x00FA if chip is running at bootloader mode?

If yes, then I think my chip always run in bootloader mode, not in bootloadable, then we can check why chip doesn't jump into bootloadable.

What do you think about this?

Thanks

Shijie

0 Likes

Hello Shijie,

The USB Serial parts has fixed firmware and it cannot be configured apart from the change in configuration table. Since the Device cannot be recovered using the previously method mentioned, and also the firmware on the part is older one, I think the USB Serial part firmware is corrupted.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes