CY7C65211 USB-I2C Read and write

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TD
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 sign-ins First like given

Hi~

I designed a USB-I2C bridge in school with reference to the datasheet of CY7C65211,CY7C65211 is set as the master and a temperature  sensor is set as the slave. 

In "USB-Serial Configuration Utility", I successfully set up its configuration(program succeed).But I don't know how to send the control commands  and  read the data of the temperature  sensor in Windows system. Please kindly tell you in detail which software to download and learn.(‘"TEST UNYILITY"appears to be able to test only data)

thanks.TD_0-1665468749876.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

You can perform I2C communication between USB-Serial and sensor using an user application. Kindly refer to the example source codes present in the following path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\USB-Serial SDK\examples\usbserialexample

USB Serial SDK can be downloaded from here .

Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

You can perform I2C communication between USB-Serial and sensor using an user application. Kindly refer to the example source codes present in the following path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\USB-Serial SDK\examples\usbserialexample

USB Serial SDK can be downloaded from here .

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
TD
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 sign-ins First like given

hi  Mallika

Really thanks  for your answer. And I only have  one computer and a circuit board with CY7C65211 and the temperature sensor. I  downloaded the USB Serial SDK and the parameter was successfully configured.But I'm still not sure how to use the source files  to perform I2C communication between USB-Serial and sensor. and “USB-Serial Configuration Utility”can only configure manufacturing settings and options for Cypress USB-Serial devices. but can not set the slave adress and other control commands of the temperature sensor

In the example description,it says that USB-Serial DVK is needed.Does that mean I also need to buy a USB-Serial DVK to perform I2C communication?  

Really thanks!

TD_0-1665478516578.png

0 Likes