CY7C65211 Serial Communication Mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hiyac_351831
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Dear

I have a question about CY7C65211 Datasheet, Table 14 Serial Communication Block Configuration
Document Number: 001-82042 Rev. *J
http://www.cypress.com/file/139886/download

Question1:
Could you tell me the state all SCB pin while reset(nXRES=low) device?
I expect state Hi-Z at all SCB pin.
  note:all SCB pin = pin1, 2, 20, 21, 22 and 23

Question2:
The Table 14 of the datasheet says as follows:
>> *Note: The device is configured in Mode 0 as the default. Other modes can be configured using the configuration utility provided by Cypress.

Please notify let me know if you know in a method other than using the configuration utility, about set other modes.
I am ok, if method don't exist about it.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

Question 1:

When the device is held in RESET (nXRES=LOW), the SCB pins are in Hi-Z.

Question 2:

The device can be configured with a new configuration without the use of configuration utility also. I have attached the command line utility for performing the same. Please find the attachment. Password for the encrypted file: cypress

Procedure to follow to load the configuration file:

1. Extract the zip file.

2. In the extracted folder put the configuration file that you want to program the device with.

3. Open the Command prompt and change the directory to the extracted folder.

4. Run the below command to download the configuration file onto single CY7C65211 device:

fwdownload.exe -c XXXX.cyusb -vid 0x04B4 -pid 0x0003 -mode vendor -timeout 25000

Note:

A) In the above command, the pid is 0x0003 but you need to change that to the PID which the connected serial chip has while programming

B) the name of the configuration file in the above command should be changed from XXXX to the configuration file that you need to load

For multiple devices: the command will be:

fwdownload.exe -c XXXX.cyusb -vid 0x04B4 -pid 0003 -mode vendor -timeout 25000 -b

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

Question 1:

When the device is held in RESET (nXRES=LOW), the SCB pins are in Hi-Z.

Question 2:

The device can be configured with a new configuration without the use of configuration utility also. I have attached the command line utility for performing the same. Please find the attachment. Password for the encrypted file: cypress

Procedure to follow to load the configuration file:

1. Extract the zip file.

2. In the extracted folder put the configuration file that you want to program the device with.

3. Open the Command prompt and change the directory to the extracted folder.

4. Run the below command to download the configuration file onto single CY7C65211 device:

fwdownload.exe -c XXXX.cyusb -vid 0x04B4 -pid 0x0003 -mode vendor -timeout 25000

Note:

A) In the above command, the pid is 0x0003 but you need to change that to the PID which the connected serial chip has while programming

B) the name of the configuration file in the above command should be changed from XXXX to the configuration file that you need to load

For multiple devices: the command will be:

fwdownload.exe -c XXXX.cyusb -vid 0x04B4 -pid 0003 -mode vendor -timeout 25000 -b

Best regards,

Srinath S

That makes sense.

about Question 2:
>> The device can be configured with a new configuration without the use of configuration utility also. I have attached the command line utility for performing the same.
GUI is One of the way and  command line is another of the way.
Either will do the same file .cyusb.

I have an additional question.

For example, .cyusb program when factory setting or when using ROM writer.
Could you tell me the no problem of above method about set other modes?

0 Likes

Hello,

I am not very clear with your question. Please correct me if I am irrelevant.

- The desired configuration can be set using the Cypress USB Serial Configuration Utility and can be saved as a '.cyusb' file.

- This file can be loaded into the device using the command line utility rather than programming it using the Cypress USB Serial Configuration Utility tool (GUI).

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
hesoc_3988631
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Srinath:

Do you have the Linux tool as well.

I am planing to use CY7C65215

In my application, need to switch I2C master and slave under Linux, mostly Slave, sometimes master for debug etc..

Need to Configuring this under Linux all the application use Linux system

and by the way  is that possible to red and write user Flash data by I2C side. not USB side.

srnt

I asked the same thing here.

CY7C65215-32LTXIT Linux Configuration Tool

Thanks

Henry

0 Likes