CY7C65211 GPIOs as output through API

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
aroln
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I'm using th CYUSBS234 and modifing the examples of the SDK in order to activate and deactivate several GPIOS. I have seen that if the GPIO is configured as Tristate in the Serial Configuration Utility, the api function CySetGpioValue fails.

I haven't seen any function to configurate the GPIO as Drive 0 or Drive 1. So if I want to generate my own production aplication to move those GPIOS , previously I must use the Serial Configuration Utility to configure them as Drive 0/1, isn't it?

Anybody knows if the SDK library allows to configure the GPIOS as Drive0/1 instead of TRISTATE? Because the default configuration of CY7C6511 is Mode 0, with the uart with 6 pins, and all the GPIOS to TRISTATE, or TX/RX LEDs.

By the way, I haven neither seen any function in the sdk to change the uart type to 2 pins, it must be made through the Serial Configuration  Utility.

Am I missing something??

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi,

CySetGpioValue API can only set the value of a GPIO that is configured as an output. Any GPIO configuration i.e tristate to Drive 1/Drive 0 is possible with Configuration Utility only.

Also, UART configuration change is also possible with Configuration Utility. 

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi,

CySetGpioValue API can only set the value of a GPIO that is configured as an output. Any GPIO configuration i.e tristate to Drive 1/Drive 0 is possible with Configuration Utility only.

Also, UART configuration change is also possible with Configuration Utility. 

Regards

0 Likes