CY7C64215 - Help about reading more than 8 bit data.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I have been reading a lot but get a doubt on USB HID data transfers. I'm sending data to the CY7C64215, but the problem is sending more than 8 bits data.

The function i'm using is USB_bReadOutEP(...), i know this function reads and writes on an array of bytes.

My question is, on report I can put a report size about 10 bits, how can i read 10 bits at once?. On PC side, when i declare the report size of 10 bits C# shows me more "byte" fields.

The other question, in case i want to send ADC data (14 bits), to the PC, i was thinking about a report size of 14 bits, and hoping to get 14 bits on the PC side. The solution i worked out was sending the first 8 bits, and then the other 6 bits, concatenate. This is the form it should be? or is something i'm missing?.

It dont seems like concatenating 8 times for getting a 64 bits data. It's there a form of getting the 14 bits at once?.

Sorry about the question, i search on forums but dont found anything about reading more than 8 bits data.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. The buffer size is 8 bits, does it changes when i put a report size of X bits?. Thanks.   
0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Could you please create a tech support case to get help on this.

Thanks,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

did you find how to send the data more than 8 bit to pc from USB HID device?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, Please find the project attached.This project sends two bytes to host using feature report. Hope this helps.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

did you solve your problem?  It is probably a reportsize or reportcount issue in the HID report you fix in the HID wizard

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I am still seeing the issue.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please check the forum post @ http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=167&rID=89004

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-Anandh

0 Likes