About HID device class program modification problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_4533981
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

When the official downloaded HID firmware instance runs, the device is identified as a keyboard. If I want it to be identified as a mouse, do I just need to modify the report descriptor? Is that right?thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Please refer to Application note AN64020 and the example provided in this link which describes how to implement a composite HID device.

You can refer to the HID mouse implementation part of the Application note.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello,

Please refer to the following FX3 SDK installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\hid_examples\cyfx3_hid

Please import the above project into the FX3 SDK and program the FX3 with the image.

The firmware makes FX3 enumerate as a HID input device as shown in figures attached.

When you press switch SW2 on the FX3 board, it would make the mouse pointer on the screen to complete a circle for as many times as the switch is pressed.

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes

hello

I use CY68013 chip USB2.0, the board is designed by myself, and the download is FX2 SDK. Now the problem is that I want my board to be recognized as a mouse, and I don't know how to modify hid program. If you can, please teach me how to modify, I will be very grateful, thank you!

0 Likes

Hello,

Please refer to Application note AN64020 and the example provided in this link which describes how to implement a composite HID device.

You can refer to the HID mouse implementation part of the Application note.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes