About CY7C65211

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Guchi
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked
I have questions about CY7C65211 software. Please tell me. Does the driver need to be redistributed to customers in the form of "CypressDriverInstaller_1.exe"? Is it possible to redistribute only files (.inf, .cab) for a specific OS? Does it need to install "Microsoft VC ++ 2008 SP1 Runtime Redistributable" not only in my development environment, but also in customer operating environment? Regards.
0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi,

It is possible to provide only .inf file for a specific OS. But the customer will have to install the driver manually. So, it is better to provide CypressDriverInstaller_1.exe. 

Redistributables are software libraries that are bundled with applications written using Microsoft Visual C++ Studio. This redistributables have different versions and years. Please refer to this link: https://helpdeskgeek.com/help-desk/what-is-microsoft-visual-c-redistributable-do-you-need-so-many/ to know why all the versions are necessary to install.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Meghavi

Hi,

It is possible to provide only .inf file for a specific OS. But the customer will have to install the driver manually. So, it is better to provide CypressDriverInstaller_1.exe. 

Redistributables are software libraries that are bundled with applications written using Microsoft Visual C++ Studio. This redistributables have different versions and years. Please refer to this link: https://helpdeskgeek.com/help-desk/what-is-microsoft-visual-c-redistributable-do-you-need-so-many/ to know why all the versions are necessary to install.

0 Likes
Guchi
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your quick reply. I'll comfirm it.

0 Likes
Guchi
Level 1
Level 1

Could you tell me more?

The redistributable packages for VS2005, 2008, 2010 cannot be used because Microsoft no longer supports them.

Do you have any plans to remake it with redistributable packages after VS2015?

Regards.

0 Likes
Meghavi
0 Likes
Guchi
Level 1
Level 1

The thread below doesn't give me the answer I need.

Do you have any plans to remake it with redistributable packages after VS2015?

Regards.

0 Likes