About AN75779 Debug Interface.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jeidi98
Level 2
Level 2
First like received 5 questions asked 25 sign-ins

Hello,

While using a board using a cyusb3014 chip, I have a question about the debug interface in chapter 5.9, AN75779.

In general use,
When I download the firmware image to the I2C EEPROM, it appears on the FX3 on "other devices".
The update driver software changes the device to the Cypress FX3 USB Streamer Example and is available for normal use.

However,
If I change the device to the boot loader and download the same firmware back to I2C EEPROM,
the UVC camera retains the camera device, but the Cypress FX3 USB Streamer Example device is not maintained and is connected back to the FX3 on "other devices".

Is there a way to keep this as a Cypress FX3 USB Streamer Example? Even if firmware is downloaded again.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Jeidi98,

please tryout following KBA for enabling CDC debug interface which have a working image and source code.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Using-CyU3PDebugPrint-API-to-Send-Debug-Me...

Thank you

Varun Narolkar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
narolkarvarun
5 likes given 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hello,

for debugging are you using FX3 CDC debug or you are using USB serial bridge controller for debugging?

Thank you

Varun Narolkar

0 Likes

Hello,

I don't know exactly if this is a CDC, but I've modified the firmware so that I can communicate with the sensor by configuring the interface as described in Chapter 5.9 of AN75779.

jeidi98_0-1690938554720.png

Apart from this, I also use Uart message as 'CyU3PDebugPrint()'.

Back to this issue, when I download the firmware to the device, the UVC camera device will bind automatically, but this extra interface will have to bind manually.
-> It is An75779's informations.

I want to know these two things.

1. Is there a way to automate this manual binding process.
2. If I reinstall the firmware on the device after manually binding (the same firmware), why do I have to bind again

I will reply as soon as I check if you need anything else,

and thank you for your interest in my question.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi heidi98,

after installing drivers  please try to restart your system.

basically, it should bind the device automatically but if not bound with drivers then once you have to do manually.

please share your .hex with us so will can try at our side as well.

Thank You

Varun Narolakr

0 Likes

Hello,

That's right. Once the driver is manually bound and rebooted, it is automatically recognized afterwards.

But I wonder if it can be automatically bound even if I reinstall the firmware.

jeidi98_0-1690964093285.png

(Change the board to the bootloader and reinstall the firmware.)

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hello ,

Please follow mentioned KBA for your reference https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Trouble-Shooting-Guide-for-the-FX3-FX3S-CX...

Thank You

Varun Narolkar 

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

I was able to narrow the scope of the problem by referring to the KBA and conducting the test.

And I found out that there is a problem when I change the device to bootloader.

The following is a simple reproduction of the problem.

1. With the J4 jumper plugged in, install the attached firmware on the EEPROM of CYUSB3KIT-003.
jeidi98_0-1691020704951.png

2. Remove the J4 jumper and boot CYUSB3KIT-003 with EEPROM.

3. Install the driver manually.

jeidi98_1-1691020846555.png

4. Turn off the power, connect the J4 jumper, and then power it to bootloader.

jeidi98_2-1691020986050.png

5. If I power off again, remove the J4 jumper, power it up and boot to EEPROM, the manually installed driver disappears.

jeidi98_3-1691021530299.png

The same problem occurs when I reboot the pc after binding the driver.

What is the cause of this problem,
What happens the moment I boot to the bootloader?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi Jeidi98,

please tryout following KBA for enabling CDC debug interface which have a working image and source code.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Using-CyU3PDebugPrint-API-to-Send-Debug-Me...

Thank you

Varun Narolkar

0 Likes