16 bit slave fifo

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
eata_1526501
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have implemented the 16 bit slave fifo for the  FPGA to fx3 to GUI data transfer. For the conatsnt data (Such as 0x0055), i am getting corrected data. But for incremental data (such as 0x0000, 0x0001, 0x0002), i am not able get the propoer data sequence. I am getting the sequences like 0x0000, 0x0001, 0x0001, 0x0004, 0x0004, etc..

How can i get the exact data sequance.??

i am changing the data sequence on the falling edge of the PCLK.

Thank you.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

- I hope FPGA is providing the clock to FX3(What is the frequency). Please confirm.

- Please attach the FPGA write timing diagram(showing data with respect to control signals) and also your FX3 state machine.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes

FPGA is prviding clock to FX3 of 100 MHz fequency. Simulated data are also changing as per below diagram. timing.png

0 Likes
Hemanth

Hi,

Please attach your GPIF state machine.

Thanks,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes

I have taken same GPIF state machine as given in slave FIFO example. i am getting the data sequences as hown in below Fig. you can see that after two successfull consecutive data, next two are missing and further repeats same.

data_sequences.png State_diagram_GPIF.png

0 Likes
Hemanth

Hi,

Please observe the GPIF interface on an oscilloscope. Verify whether the timing diagram given in Fig.12 of fx3 datasheet is satisfied.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes