query about HX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
chetang91
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

i am using multiple CYUSB3324 in cascading. For an example if i am using 2 HUBs  in cascade, in this cascading 2nd hub's upstream is connected to the downstream of first hub and first hub is connected to HOST. if my 2nd HUB goes in to the suspend state then will it also effect the 1st hub ? will first hub also go in to the suspend state ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

No, it shouldnt affect the hub in the first tier since each link/port on the hub can be selectively be put into suspend by the host. If the other devices in the first tier hub are active, the host wont put the complete hub into suspend. Please refer to section 10.10  in the USB 3.2 spec for more details.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

No, it shouldnt affect the hub in the first tier since each link/port on the hub can be selectively be put into suspend by the host. If the other devices in the first tier hub are active, the host wont put the complete hub into suspend. Please refer to section 10.10  in the USB 3.2 spec for more details.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes