hx2 blaster software support for windows 10 and driver updates

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jayasuryaR
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi,

I'm using CY7C65620 ic for USB hub design. Currently, I'm facing an issue with a driver update. I've tried to use the hx2 blaster software for the driver update, I guess this software has the drivers only for Windows XP and 7. So I need support for the same.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Infineon Developer Community!

I am attaching the Vendor mode driver for the HX2LP device here. Please bind this driver to the device to use Blaster utility for HX2LP EEPROM configuration. For more details on blaster utility and driver binding, please refer to the user guide(available parallel to the blaster utility).

Note: When Driver signature verification failed, please ensure you disable driver signature enforcement in the Windows Platform. For Disabling Windows Driver Signature enforcement, please refer here. You might also need to disable Secure Boot(which will restrict disable driver signature enforcement) for disabling Driver signature enforcement.

EDIT: Attachment updated

Thanks,
Ajeeth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies
lock attach
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Infineon Developer Community!

I am attaching the Vendor mode driver for the HX2LP device here. Please bind this driver to the device to use Blaster utility for HX2LP EEPROM configuration. For more details on blaster utility and driver binding, please refer to the user guide(available parallel to the blaster utility).

Note: When Driver signature verification failed, please ensure you disable driver signature enforcement in the Windows Platform. For Disabling Windows Driver Signature enforcement, please refer here. You might also need to disable Secure Boot(which will restrict disable driver signature enforcement) for disabling Driver signature enforcement.

EDIT: Attachment updated

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes
jayasuryaR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ajeethkumar,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried this method, I disabled the windows driver signature enforcement and I tried to install the vendor mode driver. But still, I'm getting the "Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device" and in the blaster utility also getting "Couldn't open device" popup. 

0 Likes

Hi,

Can you share the screenshot of the Windows Error? Also, explain the steps of how you installed the driver.

Please don't forget to use the attached driver(which is compatible with Windows 10) in my previous response.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes
lock attach
jayasuryaR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ajeethkumar,

I'm attaching the windows error screenshot for your reference. 

Steps I followed:

1. Restarted the PC with pressing the shift key and I choose the Troubleshoot option -> Advanced option -> Startup settings -> and Restart

2. I pressed the F7 key and again F7 for selecting the Disable driver signature enforcement option.

3. PC restarted and in the device manager I selected Generic USB Hub and update the driver

4. Browse my computer for divers ->  Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer

5. I selected the Have disk and I browsed the path where I stored the HX2_Win7_10_driver and I selected the x64 CyUSBHx2 file. I clicked next then I got the popup.

I used the driver you attached. 

0 Likes

Hi,

I have updated the attachment in my response(with the Driver). Can you please use this driver and let me know if you face any issues?

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes
jayasuryaR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ajeethkumar,

I used the driver you shared, but till I'm faced that issue. 

0 Likes

Hi,

Can you check if you face the following issue? If so, Driver Signature enforcement is not disabled properly.
Ajeethkumar_0-1656320512043.png

Also, Can you share the screenshot similar to below while updating the driver?
Ajeethkumar_1-1656320567130.png

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi,

Got the point, let me try some other method for disabling that. And I'm attaching the screenshot that you asked for.

0 Likes

Hi,

As I can see the vendor driver compatible with the Blaster tool is already available on your device(as part of the windows update) as "Cypress Hub USB Manufacturing driver"(noticed in your screenshot), you can install that and use it without disabling Driver signature enforcement.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi Ajeethkumar,

It worked, we installed the driver, and EEPROM also get flashed using the Blaster Utility software. 

So we did a few more tests, in which we are facing the issue. We tried to interface the  keyboard, TTL converters, and USB mass storage device. In that Keyboard and TTL devices are working fine, but the mass storage drive is not recognized. For your reference I'm sharing the screenshot of the error and the hardware schematic. 

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

I could not see the error screenshot. Can you attach the error? Is the Mass storage device enumerated? or not enumerated at all?

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi,

please find the attachment.

Screenshot 2022-06-28 114156.png

usb_not_recognized_062822.PNG

0 Likes

Hi,

To clarify, Is a Mass storage device an embedded device? If so, you tested the Keyboard and TTL devices on DS1 and it is working, right?

Did you follow our guidelines when designing Schematics and Layout?

Why did you add EXC-24CE900U? Please explain the reason behind this component.

If not confidential, can you attach the complete schematics?

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi Ajeethkumar,

For your reference, I'm attaching the complete schematic of this design.  PFA

Here the EXC-24CE900U is a line filter,  it is recommended in the cypress application schematic also. 

CY7C65620 is a 4-port USB hub IC. Here port 1 DD[1] and DD[2] were used. DD[1] port supports all the devices like wireless dongles, keyboards, TTL, and USB mass storage device (Pen Drive), but in the DD[2] port except USB mass storage (Pen Drive) all other devices are working. We are suspecting that the D+ and D- line impedance is not properly matched in our design. Reset everything is fine. 

And thanks for the support, this issue gets #Solved.

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. 

In the schematics, Reset should be tied to VCC through a 100 K resistor, and to GND through a 0.1 µF capacitor. Every other part of the schematics looks good. 

Glad to hear that you issue is solved!

Please always follow our guidelines while designing with Infineon Hub parts.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes