cy7c65642-DD devices can't be recognize

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
xuya_3964206
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted First reply posted

Hi

SCH FYI

The 3rd DD port connect usb audio IC (ALC4021 Realtek)

When I connect my borad to PC,  all devices can be recognize , including ALC4021

when I download fireware to ALC4021,fireware can be download to flash. when the fireware download finish,the ALC4021 will reset to new code,

but,PC can't recognize ALC4021,and PC pop the window

I reconnect my borad to PC,all devices can be recognize , including ALC4021

As a comparison

last board version , I ues USB5744(Microchip) as HUB IC, the other SCH is the same with this version

the last board have no this question.

123.jpg

456.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Would it be possible to collect the USB traces using a hardware analyzer such as LeCroy on the upstream port of the board with our hub and the Microchip hub for our comparison?

Please also check if the new firmware requires any different hardware configuration for the Realtek audio device.

Best Regards,
Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

-As per my understanding, this error only occurs after the firmware update to the Realtek audio device so it seems like an issue with the new firmware that is downloaded. Was this same firmware updated when the hub used was the Microchip hub?

-Could you please translate the popup error in english?

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes

Hi

Was this same firmware updated when the hub used was the Microchip hub?

---------yes

-Could you please translate the popup error in english?

-------Unrecognized usb device

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Can you please try connecting the Realtek audio device directly to the PC and check if the update causes any issues?

When the error shows up, can you please try connecting any other device on that port?

Please leave VCC NC in your schematic since external regulator is used and also check if the D+/D- lines are designed as per section 4.2 of the App Note.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

Can you please try connecting the Realtek audio device directly to the PC and check if the update causes any issues?

----------have no this issue.

When the error shows up, can you please try connecting any other device on that port?

-----------It's hard to handle it

Please leave VCC NC in your schematic since external regulator is used

---------- leave VCC NC is negetive.

check if the D+/D- lines are designed as per section 4.2 of the App Note.

-----------checked. it's ok

my design is non-plug.

0 Likes

Hi,

Would it be possible to collect the USB traces using a hardware analyzer such as LeCroy on the upstream port of the board with our hub and the Microchip hub for our comparison?

Please also check if the new firmware requires any different hardware configuration for the Realtek audio device.

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes