Updating CYUSB3314 EEPROM contents over USB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Jamal
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

Is it possible to configure the EEPROM attached to CYUSB3314 over USB interface from an embedded processor in custom hardware? I am unable to find this information. 

My intention is to have the hub configured in I2C master mode to read configuration from EEPROM. The Upstream USB port will be connected to an embedded processor (NXP iMX8). I would like to update EEPROM contents over this USB interface. How would I go about doing this?

Thanks,

Jamal  

1 Solution
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi Jamal,

Thanks for posting in Infineon Developer Community!

You can use the Blaster Plus configuration utility to update the EEPROM configurations over USB using HX3 silicon itself. For this, you have to bind a vendor driver provided by Infineon(available with the Blaster tool itself). Both the Blaster Plus tool and the vendor driver are based on the Windows Platform. For more details refer to the HX3 Blaster Plus User Guide.

Also, the above tool is meant for the configuration of EEPROM for testing purposes, and hence if you want to update the EEPROM configurations for mass production, we recommend you to use the external EEPROM programmer to program the configuration bytes onto the EEPROM and use this EEPROM in the custom board.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ajeethkumar_P

Hi Jamal,

Thanks for posting in Infineon Developer Community!

You can use the Blaster Plus configuration utility to update the EEPROM configurations over USB using HX3 silicon itself. For this, you have to bind a vendor driver provided by Infineon(available with the Blaster tool itself). Both the Blaster Plus tool and the vendor driver are based on the Windows Platform. For more details refer to the HX3 Blaster Plus User Guide.

Also, the above tool is meant for the configuration of EEPROM for testing purposes, and hence if you want to update the EEPROM configurations for mass production, we recommend you to use the external EEPROM programmer to program the configuration bytes onto the EEPROM and use this EEPROM in the custom board.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes
Jamal
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked

Hi Ajeeth,

Thanks for the quick response. We will have Linux OS on our processor so this Blaster Plus tool does not seem usable. The datasheet mentions in-system programming of I2C EEPROM using upstream USB port. Is this only limited to Blaster Plus tool then?

Regards,

Jamal

0 Likes
Ajeethkumar_P

Hi Jamal,

Yes, your understanding is correct.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes