Unknown USB Device (Link in Compliance Mode) error code 43/22

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nimu_4164261
Level 1
Level 1

hello all.

I am using cypress ITEM - CYUSB3314-88LTXI, in my design, when connecting the design with the CYUSB3314-88LTXI as a hub to the computer HOST , I am receiving the next errors - Unknown USB Device (Link in Compliance Mode). followed by error code in the window in the device manager - code 43 and sometimes code22 ???

the USB2 -HUB  identified well - device manager writes - generic USB hub ,and in the status window write - device works good.

the problem is with the superspeed USB, it is showing, (in the device manager) this is a superspeed device, but the problem is as described above ???

does anyone know what can be the root cause for this issues, and how to fix this ?

I am using window10.

thx.

nitsan.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Nitsan,

-Please connect the RESERVED pin to VDDIO using a 10K resistor.

-Please refer to the App Note for recommended bulk and decoupling capacitors values.

-It is recommended to connect AC coupling capacitors of 0.1uF on the TX lines.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Nitsan,

-Could you kindly attach your schematic for review?

-Are you able to see any downstream USB 2.0 devices?

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

hi Sananya.

• HX3_HUB1.jpgHX3_HUB2.jpgHX3_HUB3.jpg
0 Likes

Hello Nitsan,

-Please connect the RESERVED pin to VDDIO using a 10K resistor.

-Please refer to the App Note for recommended bulk and decoupling capacitors values.

-It is recommended to connect AC coupling capacitors of 0.1uF on the TX lines.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
nimu_4164261
Level 1
Level 1

hi Sananya.

yes the USB2 is being identified, and in the status is  written "working properly"

the USB3 superspeed also being identified but as explained above with compliance mode.

the  device manger keep sending error massages - code 43/22 ?

0 Likes