Immunity performance of USB 2.0 Hub IC CY7C65632-48AXC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FaMu_4801246
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have been using CY7C65632-48AXC HUB in some of our PCB's to support various USB interface devices onboard.

We have failed the Immunity test in the PCB which has this Hub IC in it.

During the Immunity test, IEC-61000-4-3 Electric field test 10V/m USB Hub IC CY7C65632-48AXC is resetting at frequencies around 370 MHz.

We would like to know if this IC is certified for the Immunity test  IEC-61000-4-3 Electric field test 10V/m or is there something missing in my schematic? 

I would also share the schematic if needed. Hoping for your quick response. Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

We have carried out the immunity tests for our HX2VL DVKs, including the IEC-61000-4-3 test and passed the same so our hub should be compliant.

Please check section 4.4 of the App Note for hardware guidelines to consider for EMI- https://www.cypress.com/file/122726/download

Best Regards,
Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

We have carried out the immunity tests for our HX2VL DVKs, including the IEC-61000-4-3 test and passed the same so our hub should be compliant.

Please check section 4.4 of the App Note for hardware guidelines to consider for EMI- https://www.cypress.com/file/122726/download

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes

Hi Sanaya,

Thank you for your answer. I had followed the guideline which you shared while designing the Hub. But I am still facing the issue.

Can you verify my schematic/layout to find the issue?

0 Likes

Hi,

Yes, please share the schematic and layout files for us to review. If it is confidential, you could send them using the private message option or send a mail to sanm@cypress.com as well.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes