I2C Bridging using HX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The datasheet for the HX3 series hubs states that it is possible to implement I2C bridging using vendor commands.

I want to use the HX3 as an I2C Master to interface to some instrumentation and control functions on my board.

Is it possible to send arbitrary I2C read/writes from a USB host to an I2C slave using the HX3 family?

If so, could you point me towards some documentation which might inform how to begin going about this?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

The I2C mode in HX3 is only used for firmware upgrade using an I2C slave such as an EEPROM. The vendor commands supported for the I2C read/write cant be modified since HX3 is a fixed firmware part. Please refer to the KBA on downloading the firmware using a GUI based tool Blaster Plus.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

The I2C mode in HX3 is only used for firmware upgrade using an I2C slave such as an EEPROM. The vendor commands supported for the I2C read/write cant be modified since HX3 is a fixed firmware part. Please refer to the KBA on downloading the firmware using a GUI based tool Blaster Plus.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes