How to do HS HOST Signal Quality Test on HX2LP vol.2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6
Distributor - TED (Japan)
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 250 replies posted

I have asked the following questions in the past.
https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-hosts-hubs-transceivers/Signal-quality-measurement-in-HX2LP/m-...
https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-hosts-hubs-transceivers/How-to-do-HS-HOST-Signal-Quality-Test-...

Unfortunately, I haven't passed the HS HOST Signal Quality test yet. Instructs HOST to send TEST_Packet. Some signal is moving between the MCU and the CY7C65630, but there is no waveform between the CY7C65630 and the connector.

The D + / D- of the PCB and the D + / D- on the US side of the CY7C65630 are directly connected. Therefore, I think that the US cannot be controlled from Windows and the software provided by USB org cannot be used.

Table 5 of the data sheet has a list of commands.

Test.jpg

Do I need to use this command (the command highlighted in yellow) to do various HS tests? Also, if this command is needed, how to use these commands? I'd like to know the specific command sending procedure.

If Software can be used, is the procedure different? Is it necessary to set Hardware?

Thanks,
Tetsuo

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi Tetsuo-san,

The only way to make HX2LP enter into test mode is by sending the above control transfers. We use USB-IF provided software HSETT to do that. Please install the corresponding Software based on your Host controller.

You can install the software in the Oscilloscope(For example, HSETT can be installed Teledyne LeCroy Wavesurfer Oscilloscope). You will not be able to use a PC and then connect to an oscilloscope, as the Test signal will cease on disconnect.

Please refer to this user guide while using HSETT application software.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi Tetsuo-san,

The only way to make HX2LP enter into test mode is by sending the above control transfers. We use USB-IF provided software HSETT to do that. Please install the corresponding Software based on your Host controller.

You can install the software in the Oscilloscope(For example, HSETT can be installed Teledyne LeCroy Wavesurfer Oscilloscope). You will not be able to use a PC and then connect to an oscilloscope, as the Test signal will cease on disconnect.

Please refer to this user guide while using HSETT application software.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes