[HX3] is it possible to request an hard reset by software command?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
waluc_4008766
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a device connected to HX3. The FW of my device can be updated by USB. After the FW update the device can be detected again only unplugging and re-plugging it.

Using the CY4609 I noticed that pressing the reset button on the hub after the FW update of the device, my software can detect it again as if it has been unplugged and re-plugged.

Is there a way to reset the HX3 with a software command instead of pressing the reset button?

Thank you in advance
Walter

0 Likes
1 Solution

We tested the "virtual reset" solution with the CY4609 and it works correctly.

Our device has a ST MCU inside (with other purposes) and it can be used as "virtual switch", setting a GPIO pin as OPEN DRAIN port and triggering a 200 msec GND pulse on the RESETN pin of the HX3 (using the same schematic of the CY4609).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi Walter,

HX3 does not support custom firmware design except the HX3 Blaster Plus configuration. So my suggestion is you should find a way to reset your device or the host of HX3 instead of resetting HX3.

Regards,

Eddie

0 Likes

We tested the "virtual reset" solution with the CY4609 and it works correctly.

Our device has a ST MCU inside (with other purposes) and it can be used as "virtual switch", setting a GPIO pin as OPEN DRAIN port and triggering a 200 msec GND pulse on the RESETN pin of the HX3 (using the same schematic of the CY4609).

0 Likes