HX3 blaster cannot find EEPROM with a particular PC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Danielvc92
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First solution authored First reply posted

I'm currently working with on a custom made PCB featuring the CYUSB3314 IC and I'm having problems getting the HX3 blaster to find the EEPROM. When running HX3 blaster the PC that I'm working with cannot find the EEPROM but any other PC running HX3 can find the EEPROM without problems. All the PCs run on Windows 10 64 bit and all of them have the same version of the driver installed.

MODE_SEL0 and MODE_SEL1 are configured so that the IC runs the internal ROM configuration. I followed the instructions to install "Cypress HX3 Vendor Mode" driver in the Device Manager and I have ran out of ideas.

Any suggestions on how to proceed next?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Danielvc92
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My bad! Apparently, the problem was a hardware issue. The voltages at MODE_SEL0 and MODE_SEL1 were different than what I expected.

Thank you for the help!

Daniel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for posting in the Infineon Developer community!

Did the HX3 device-detect as "Cypress HX3 Vendor Mode" in that particular PC?

Did the Blaster tool detect the vendor mode HX3 device?

Can you please share the screenshot of the issue?

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes
Danielvc92
Level 1
Level 1

hx3.png

Hi Ajeeth!

In the device manager the device shows as Cypress HX3 Vendor Mode. And as you can see in the screen shot the HX3 can find the device.

Interestingly when I connect the USB cable to the PC there is a message "Failed to get device information".

Regards,

Daniel

0 Likes

Hi Daniel,

Can you uninstall the Vendor driver and try reinstalling the driver?

Where did you see the message "Failed to get device information"? Is it a Windows notification?

Also, please share the USBView logs for the Vendor mode device.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes
Danielvc92
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My bad! Apparently, the problem was a hardware issue. The voltages at MODE_SEL0 and MODE_SEL1 were different than what I expected.

Thank you for the help!

Daniel