Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6
Distributor - TED (Japan)
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 250 replies posted

What is the recommended operating range for the VBUS_DS pin of CYUSB3304-68LTXC?

BC1.2 and Apple-charging are not used in this design. In the current circuit configuration, 2.5V is applied. Is there a problem? 

I think it should be connected directly to GND, but if there is no problem even if 2.5V is applied, I would like to leave it as is. This is because this design connects VBUS_DS to 2.5V.

Best Regards,
Tetsuo

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

No, it is required to connect the VBUS_DS pin to local 5V supply. We have seen issues in past where the hub does not functions properly if the pin is not connected to some other voltage levels.

Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
17 Replies
MallikaK_22

Hi,

No, it is required to connect the VBUS_DS pin to local 5V supply. We have seen issues in past where the hub does not functions properly if the pin is not connected to some other voltage levels.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6

Mallika-san,

Thank you for your comment.

I would like to confirm something additional. What voltage exactly do you mean by "some other voltage levels"? Is there a provision for Vil and Vih?

Best Regards,
Tetsuo

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi Tetsuo, 

The pin needs to be connected to 5V. If there are any other voltage levels, there appears to be an issue in the functionality.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6

Mallika-san,

When pulling up VBUS_DS to 5V, what is the operating voltage range? Also, when setting VBUS_DS to Low, what is the operating voltage range?

In another thread, it was stated that when connecting to 5V, the voltage range is 4.35 to 5.5 V. Is this correct? If it is correct, I also would like to know the voltage range for Low input.
https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB%E3%83%9B%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88-%E3%83%8F%E3%83%96-%E3%83%88%E3%83%...

Best Regards,
Tetsuo

0 Likes

@TeMa_2997106 wrote:

Mallika-san,

When pulling up VBUS_DS to 5V, what is the operating voltage range? Also, when setting VBUS_DS to Low, what is the operating voltage range?

In another thread, it was stated that when connecting to 5V, the voltage range is 4.35 to 5.5 V. Is this correct? If it is correct, I also would like to know the voltage range for Low input. smart whip delivery
https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB%E3%83%9B%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88-%E3%83%8F%E3%83%96-%E3%83%88%E3%83%...

Best Regards,
Tetsuo

I working on a project involving the TLE9879QXA20, an integrated motor controller IC. The datasheet specifications meticulously, I found that the motor control outputs were exhibiting unexpected behavior, including sporadic signal spikes and inconsistent speed regulation. After conducting extensive testing and analysis, I discovered that the issue was stemming from a subtle interaction between the PWM frequency and the internal clock configuration.

0 Likes
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6

Mallika-san,

Are there any updates?

Thanks,

Tetsuo

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi,

When setting VBUS_DS to 5V, the data that you have obtained regarding voltage levels is correct.

When setting VBUS_DS to LOW, we'll have to get check this information internally.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6

Mallika-san,

Is there a Vih and Vil provision for this pin? If it is yes, what is its value? I couldn't read it from the datasheet.

Best Regards,
Tetsuo

0 Likes
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6

Mallika-san,

Do you have any update on the question?

Best Regards,
Tetsuo

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi,

Apologies for the delay from our side.

I'm trying to get this information internally and will update you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6

Mallika-san,

Do you have any update on the question?

Best Regards,
Tetsuo

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi,

Apologies for the delay from our side.

I'm still trying to get this information internally and will update you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6

Mallika-san,

Thank you for your help. Please let me know if you get an update.

Best Regards,
Tetsuo

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi,

In the datasheet, as mentioned, we either need to connect the pin to PWR (5V) or GND based on the application. For PWR, there's an operating range from 4.35V to 5.5V. For GND, it is generally connected to 0V and the char data is not available.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6

Mallika-san,

I understand that the voltage range that this pin recognizes as high is from 4.35V to 5V. What is the range for recognizing Low?

Best Regards,
Tetsuo

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi Tetsuo,

The char data is not available for LOW voltage. We'll have to do that which will take 1~2 weeks time. We have already started on it and will let you know the updates.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi Tetsuo,

It is recommended to not go beyond 90mV to see proper enumeration.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes