FX3 SDK for Linux

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all:

The following picture is the overview of my development. I am using FX3 SDK to develop an AP on Host CPU. But I have some hardware issue on my PCBA. For saving time, I decided to have a pc application first. I referenced "Using the FX3 SDK on Linux Platforms" document, and follow the steps. I open an example project(USBBulkLoopAuto) by using EZ USB Suite. It can't build correctly.

I Had changed some settings below:

1. It can file including files --> solved by modifying the "Build Variable" "FX3SDKVERSION".
  2. I had a lot of types define issues, such as "Symbol 'NULL' could not be resolved". I saw the including header "cyustypes.h", There are 2 types of definition separated by the pre-defined variable "CYU3_DEFINE_BASIC_TYPES". I tried them both, but it still didn't work.

Question:

1. Is anyone have the same issues before? How to solve the build problems?
  2. The example inside of /cyfx3sdk/firmware, they are looks like are working in FX3, not on Linux PC(ubuntu 16.04). Is there any example on the PC side? I want to verify my FX3 device(It has firmware already, I can saw the content by using cyusb_linux).

platform overview.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hi Jacky,

• Is anyone have the same issues before? How to solve the build problems?

Answer: I remember that you don't need to change any settings in order to compile and build the example project in SDK. I just import the example project into SDK.

You are able to find that I build it without any error. I presume that there is something wrong with your project. Or it is not the orignal one in SDK.

BaiduShurufa_2018-8-29_10-40-56.png

• The example inside of /cyfx3sdk/firmware, they are looks like are working in FX3, not on Linux PC(ubuntu 16.04). Is there any example on the PC side? I want to verify my FX3 device(It has firmware already, I can saw the content by using cyusb_linux).

Answer : Yes, that it. The firmware will runs on FX3/CX3 not on PC side. You could develop your customized PC application based on the library provided by Cypress.

Cypress also has built some demo applications such as streamer, control center , cyusb_linux, etc.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hi Jacky,

• Is anyone have the same issues before? How to solve the build problems?

Answer: I remember that you don't need to change any settings in order to compile and build the example project in SDK. I just import the example project into SDK.

You are able to find that I build it without any error. I presume that there is something wrong with your project. Or it is not the orignal one in SDK.

BaiduShurufa_2018-8-29_10-40-56.png

• The example inside of /cyfx3sdk/firmware, they are looks like are working in FX3, not on Linux PC(ubuntu 16.04). Is there any example on the PC side? I want to verify my FX3 device(It has firmware already, I can saw the content by using cyusb_linux).

Answer : Yes, that it. The firmware will runs on FX3/CX3 not on PC side. You could develop your customized PC application based on the library provided by Cypress.

Cypress also has built some demo applications such as streamer, control center , cyusb_linux, etc.

0 Likes