Difference between CY7C67200-48BAXI and CY7C672001-48BAXI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AndyP
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,
The EZ-OTG CY7C67200-48BAXI is now obsolete, but in some shops you can find a different part number CY7C672001-48BAXI. What is the difference between the two? The CY7C672001 part is not visible on Cypress website but is mentioned in PTN185104, so I assume it is a legit Cypress part.

Best regards,
Andy

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

CY7C672001 is obsolete now and there is no support available. Also, no new designs are recommended using this part and neither no documented data is available for this part now.

CY7C67200-48BAXI has obsoleted recently. We do not have any replacement part for the same.

Kindly look at FX3 datasheet: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/datasheets/cyusb301x-cyusb201x-ez-usb-fx3-superspeed-usb-contr... 

It can act as a High-speed On-The-Go (HS-OTG) host and is peripheral compliant with OTG Supplement Version 2.0.

Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
MallikaK_22

Hi,

CY7C672001 is obsolete now and there is no support available. Also, no new designs are recommended using this part and neither no documented data is available for this part now.

CY7C67200-48BAXI has obsoleted recently. We do not have any replacement part for the same.

Kindly look at FX3 datasheet: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/datasheets/cyusb301x-cyusb201x-ez-usb-fx3-superspeed-usb-contr... 

It can act as a High-speed On-The-Go (HS-OTG) host and is peripheral compliant with OTG Supplement Version 2.0.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
AndyP
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello Mallika,
thanks for the response, but this really does not answer my question. We put a lot of work to integrate CY7C67200-48BAXI in our project, and it is really a shame that not a single replacement is provided by Cypress. There are some CY7C672001 parts available on the market so the question arises if this could be used as a replacement (with some little additional work). Can you explain what is this part and what are the differences comparing to CY7C67200? The part number is so similar that it seems that there should be only minor changes.
Adapting FX3 is really not an option.

Regards,
Andy

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi Andy,

As I had mentioned in my previous response, unfortunately both the ICs are now obsolete and are not recommended for any new designs.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes

Hi Mallika,

Is this really this hard to tell me the difference between both IC's? I do understand that both are obsolete now. But if you confirm that CY7C672001-48BAXI is really Cypress part, so definitely you have to have some documentation for it. My question is: is this part a real alternative to the CY7C67200 or not? Are there major differences or minor? Is there ANY documentation available?

Regards,
Andy

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi Andy,

I'm sorry but we don't have any documented data available for CY7C672001 now. We won't be able to offer support on this. 

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes