CYUSB3328-88LTXC USB 3.0 not working anymore but USB 2.0 works fine.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mslez
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

This is my first post, I hope I've outlined the issue properly. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I designed and manufactured a first article order of a Voxl2(companion computer) 3.0 USB hub breakout board. The USB  3.0 hub/Voxl2 was initially sending data. However, at some point the 3.0 bus stopped functioning. Currently only the 2.0 USB works on the hub. 

What I've tested:

- 1.2v/3.3v/5v power in the system looks good on a voltmeter and oscilloscope. 

- SS TX-/+ & RX-/+ are going to the correct upstream pins from the Voxl2.

- Visual inspection appears to show no issues.

In troubleshooting I use a Linux terminal command called lsusb & dmesg to ascertain the status of the USB. The CYUSB3328 initially came up as USB 3.0 now the chip appears to only be a USB 2.0. This leads me to believe that something on the chip is "broken"

Would anyone have any ideas on how to further troubleshoot this issue or what could be happening?

Thank you,

-Matt

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi,

Did you follow our guidelines while designing the hub?

Please fill in with Y/N for Table 8 Schematics and Layout Review Checklist of our HX3 Hardware Guidelines App note.

Also, share the schematics here if they are not confidential.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi,

Did you follow our guidelines while designing the hub?

Please fill in with Y/N for Table 8 Schematics and Layout Review Checklist of our HX3 Hardware Guidelines App note.

Also, share the schematics here if they are not confidential.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes