CY7C65211 not recognized by Windows.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I was working with the CY8CKIT-049 prototyping kit when I suddenly got the Windows error message "USB Device not recognized: One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it." when trying to upload a new program using the USB-UART bridge and UART bootloader. I had been able to upload about four programs previously, but upon plugging in the device a fifth time, I received the above error message. I tried different USB ports and checking for drivers, but was unable to resolve the issue. The COM port no longer appeared in the bootloader host tool in PSoC Creator, and the USB-Serial Configuration Utility was not able to recognize it.

Upon further reflection, I think I may have shorted a couple pins on the target (which may have been the UART pins) when I was trying to upload a fifth time.

Is there some troubleshooting procedure I am missing? Or is the USB-Serial bridge toast and I should just buy a new one?

Thank You.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hi Kaikai Yin,

Please check if it is the issue of driver. Try with another PC to see if the device could be recognized.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hi Kaikai Yin,

Please check if it is the issue of driver. Try with another PC to see if the device could be recognized.

0 Likes