how to transfer mipi image at slavefifo mode with cy3065

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lich_4062331
Level 1
Level 1
10 replies posted 5 replies posted First reply posted

hello everyone

who knows what should I do if wants to transfer mipi image data at slavefifo mode with cy3065.

My question is that according to that manual AN90369, only the configuration of cx3 is realized, is there no need to configure uvc?If I want to use slavefifo, what can I do to transfer data?

Looking forward to your reply!

thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

Strictly speaking, the GPIF state machine of CX3 is fixed. The mipi bridge of CX3 can only transmit data with the state machine described in AN75779.

But if you want to use a vendor class  instead of UVC framework, here's what you need to change in the firmware:

1. USB Superspeed Configuration descriptor
The UVC descriptor contains two interfaces to handle video streaming and video controls. The CyFx3USBSSConfigDscr [ ] structure in cyfx3_descriptor.c file needs to be updated with the vendor class specific descriptors.
2. USB setup call back function
The UVC specific requests are handled in the firmware using callback function called as CyFxUVCApplnUSBSetupCB(). Based on the setup request data packets, the UVC video streaming and video control interface requests are handled. The vendor class specific requests for video control or video streaming can be handled in the same callback function.
3. Video streaming requests
The video streaming requests are handled through the probe and commit control requests through control endpoint. These requests are handled in the function CyFx3UvcAppHandleSetCurReq().
4. Video control requests
The UVC protocol has Processing Unit, Camera Terminal and Extension Unit to implement standard or custom video controls associated with the video streaming interface. All these requests will be communicated through the control endpoint. Also an interrupt endpoint is associated with the video control interface to support asynchronous video control requests. The video controls are handled using the function HandleVCInterfaceRequest (). The USB requests to handle the video controls should be modified as per the vendor class implementation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YiZ_31

Hello,

Strictly speaking, the GPIF state machine of CX3 is fixed. The mipi bridge of CX3 can only transmit data with the state machine described in AN75779.

But if you want to use a vendor class  instead of UVC framework, here's what you need to change in the firmware:

1. USB Superspeed Configuration descriptor
The UVC descriptor contains two interfaces to handle video streaming and video controls. The CyFx3USBSSConfigDscr [ ] structure in cyfx3_descriptor.c file needs to be updated with the vendor class specific descriptors.
2. USB setup call back function
The UVC specific requests are handled in the firmware using callback function called as CyFxUVCApplnUSBSetupCB(). Based on the setup request data packets, the UVC video streaming and video control interface requests are handled. The vendor class specific requests for video control or video streaming can be handled in the same callback function.
3. Video streaming requests
The video streaming requests are handled through the probe and commit control requests through control endpoint. These requests are handled in the function CyFx3UvcAppHandleSetCurReq().
4. Video control requests
The UVC protocol has Processing Unit, Camera Terminal and Extension Unit to implement standard or custom video controls associated with the video streaming interface. All these requests will be communicated through the control endpoint. Also an interrupt endpoint is associated with the video control interface to support asynchronous video control requests. The video controls are handled using the function HandleVCInterfaceRequest (). The USB requests to handle the video controls should be modified as per the vendor class implementation.

0 Likes
lich_4062331
Level 1
Level 1
10 replies posted 5 replies posted First reply posted

Thank you for your answers.
I still have some questions,
(1) If I follow the official routine cycx3_uvc_ov5640, can I create a new mipi sensor configuration according to yuv422_ov5640.cycx?
(2) Do I still need to use the GPIF tool to configure the uvc architecture and state machine? 

Looking forward to your reply!

thank you!

0 Likes
YiZ_31

1. Yes, actually you can use the configuration tool to create a new project. All files will be generated automatically. Here is the instruction:

https://community.cypress.com/t5/Resource-Library/基于CX3的UVC摄像头应用学习笔记-二-建立工程模板/ta-p/246095

2. No, you don't need to take care of GPIF in CX3.

0 Likes