I'm using CX3(CYUSB3065).
When test using Stremer Program, the USB hub Operates normally.
But Fail occurs when connecting directly to PC.
How can I fix the problem?
Hi, I'm Jay.
The question below has ended, so I'm posting the question again like this.
1. As the message is not working with the default SDK provided firmware also, could you tell me how the uart is connected to the PC?
- I use to connect USB 3.0 cable or USB2.0.
- As shown in the picture below, connect it directly to the PC.
- There is using 32bit set mode, but It occurred same problem from 16bit set mode.
2. Could you try using different cables and check if the issue is seen there also?
- There are same problems from USB 2.0 cable and usb 3.0 cable. It receive the same broken data to connect from various cables.
3. Could you also try using different PC and see if the issue persists.
- I used to another PC's, then It occurred same situations(received broken data).
4. Check the last point in the given KBA : https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/FX3-CyU3PDebugPrint-Not-Printing-UART-Debu.... Also compare your schematics with AN70707 schematic checklist.
- This check list are usb setup configurations setup from 16bit or 32bit. and My test board operates normally.
- But Broken data continues to enter intermittently, causing problems.
- Please advise if this problem can occur in software or hardware regarding data breakage.
We've tried so many software attempts, and we can't find a clear answer to this intermittent data breaking problems.
Please help me as much as possible.
I wonder if Cypress can confirm that there is no software problem.
If you are confident that there is no SW problem, it will be a hardware problem and redesign the hardware.
Thank you.Show Less
We are using CYUSB3KIT-003 (the P/N of the chip is CYUSB3014) to design a camera. We need to send a leader and a trailer as single transfers before and after each frame. So I used the override mode to add the leader and trailer. I modified the AN75779 to test the override mode.
I add the leader in the GPIF CB function and the trailer in DMA CB function. I also added 2 states in the GPIF state machine: SOF0 and SOF1 to get the SOF signal from the camera (it’s a pulse 5ms before FRAME VALID signal ) to interrupt the CPU. In these 2 interrupts, I add the 52 bytes Leader of the frame. The resolution of my design is 1920*1200 Mono8 (1 byte per pixel) and the frame rate is 30 FPS. I set the buffer burst size to be 18K (18*1024). So there should be 125 transfer of 18K blocks, one leader and one trailer for each frame. I used AMCap to start the transfer though I know there will be no video in the viewer. I only need to see the USB traces.
But the trace I got is not as my expectation. The data blocks will sometimes be 124, and sometimes there will be one data block between the leader and trailer. The app will stop running after several seconds with an EP_UNDERRUN error. You can see the details in the attachment.
Please kindly give me some help.
Thank you much in advance.
Hello all, I am working on FX3 while interfacing a camera sensor with it. I need to debug and as mentioned that there are some ways to do so using segger debugger. I want to connect it on board. What pins I need to use to connect the segger JTAG (2*10 pins connector).
2、以1024B为单位写，按照已解决：FX3 标记极性和使用部分标记 - 英飞凌开发人员社区 (infineon.com)
I am trying develop an UVC application with the FX3 board(CYUSB3KIT). I am using as a base the AN75779 document and the UVC_AN75779 example project. I needed to modify the project, based on the FX3 Technical reference guide. I had to add some simple GPIO and one complex GPIO for a clock signal. The documentation says i had to bitmasking the gpios(like in the cyfxgpiocomplexapp and the cyfxgpioapp example projects), but if i masked them the board not even enumerate. I could successfully setup the simple gpio pins if i did not masking them, but initialize them with override in the "CyFxUVCApplnInit" thread. But for the complex gpio pin i was not able to use this method. Can you help what can be the problem?Show Less
I am trying to read the serial number(SN) from the descriptor in a C++ code in Linux by libusb_get_string_descriptor_ascii.
I read the SN first, then program a new .img file with a different serial number, a soft reset, and then read SN again. So I read the SN twice in my code.
The first time that I read SN, it is ok. but at the second read, it gives me garbage values for SN. It looks like that libusb_get_string_descriptor_ascii has some problem after doing a board soft reset.
I added a delay after soft reset by usleep to let the board reset properly, but if it was more than a few milliseconds, the interface claiming failed as well. Small delay didn't solve the problem.
Do you have any idea for that? If it is libusb_get_string_descriptor_ascii problem, is there any command instead of that to solve the problem? I should mention that I don't have this issue in windows version.
I am trying to program two different SPI nor flash memories using the Control Center.
To do so, I want to use a GPIO from the FX3 to control a digital switch before programing.
Is there any way to manage any GPIO with FX3 in bootloader mode?
Thank you!Show Less
I am trying to use the FX3 SlaveFIFO in 32-bit mode for automatic DMA transferring. I am able to fill up the buffers and send data to the host, however I noticed half of each of the 32-bit words are missing. This leads me to believe it is operating in 16-bit mode.
Am I missing a configuration somewhere? Note I have setSysClk400 set to True.
For reference, see main C source file that implements this. The project is a modification of AN75779 firmware, and uses the GPIF design from AN65974.