Why EZ USB reports "Symbol 'RD_START' could not be resolved"?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
doch_3739346
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Add start state RD_START and GPIF II compile passed.

pastedImage_1.png

Change SRAM_READ_COMMAND, CyU3PGpifSMWitch toState to 'RD_START'.

Why tool still reports 'RD_START' can't be resolved?

pastedImage_7.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- Please ensure that the cyfxgpif2config.h file is getting updated after you build it from the GPIF II designer.

- From your project, I could find that there are two cyfxgpif2config.h files. The cyfxsrammaster.c file has the include statement that identifies the cyfxgpif2config.h file in its own directory. But, the GPIF II designer generates the cyfxgpif2config.h file in img_cpif.cydsn folder. Please modify the Build settings in the GPIF II designer to point to the same directory as cyfxsrammaster.c file.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- Please ensure that the cyfxgpif2config.h file is getting updated after you build it from the GPIF II designer.

- From your project, I could find that there are two cyfxgpif2config.h files. The cyfxsrammaster.c file has the include statement that identifies the cyfxgpif2config.h file in its own directory. But, the GPIF II designer generates the cyfxgpif2config.h file in img_cpif.cydsn folder. Please modify the Build settings in the GPIF II designer to point to the same directory as cyfxsrammaster.c file.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Hi Srinath,

Yes, there are two cyfxgpif2config.h.

One is symbolic link of real config file inside cydsn folder.

So EZ USB Suite doesn't support symbolic link?

I'll move gpif cydsn project folder outside firmware project folder and point  GPIF output location to the firmware project root.

0 Likes

Hi Srinath,

Strange I need to modify gpif project file .cyfx to change the output location.

If I click Build - Build Settings or Tools - Options, it will stop responding, have to kill process.

But if I manually changed .cyfx, Build Project is running fine.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Hello,

- The srammaster.c file has the below statement for including the GPIF II header file.

#include "cyfxgpif2config.h"    

This statement only looks for the header file in the same directory as the srammaster.c file.

- Please explain what you mean by "manually modify the .cyfx file".

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Hi Srinath,

Open img_gpif.cyfx with Notepad++ and change line 26 output folder from ".\" to firmware root folder as below.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Hi Srinath,

Found reboot PC can solve this issue.

0 Likes

Hello,

Thanks for the update. Hope your error in the srammaster.c file is resolved.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes