Technical clarification needed for USB3.0 circuits

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SureshJ
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

1.Please confirm whether the AC capacitors are required between the Type-C connector and the MUX (PI5USB30213AXEA) input on TX lines.

2.Shall i keep the VCONN pin floating in the PI5USB30213AXEA MUX IC. Please confirm.

Regards,

Suresh

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Suresh,

Please refer to the following KBA:

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Designing-Type-C-products-based-on-EZ-USB-...

The above KBA has reference schematics (of the type C section) for FX3/CX3 based type C products. Based on your requirement (receptacle or plug), you can refer to the appropriate schematics and use it for your design.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello Suresh,

Please let us know which product that is used as the USB 3.0 controller. Is it FX3 (CYUSB3014)?

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
SureshJ
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Jayakrishna,

We are using CX3 ( CYUSB3065). Please let me know if you need any other details.

Regards,

Suresh

0 Likes

Hello Suresh,

Please refer to the following KBA:

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Designing-Type-C-products-based-on-EZ-USB-...

The above KBA has reference schematics (of the type C section) for FX3/CX3 based type C products. Based on your requirement (receptacle or plug), you can refer to the appropriate schematics and use it for your design.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
SureshJ
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Jayakrishna,

From the link that you have provided, i hope that AC capacitors are needed on the TX lines.

Coming to my second question, VCONN is left floating in your reference schematic ( receptacle ) as well. So, I hope that we can leave VCONN in floating state. It should not create any issues. Please confirm once.

Regards,

Suresh

0 Likes

Hello Suresh,

Yes, your understandings are correct. Also, please check if your MUX internally has a re-driver. If it has a re-driver inside it, then please use AC caps on input and output of the MUX as shown in section 3 of the KBA mentioned before.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Dear Jayakrishna,

Coming to my second question, VCONN is left floating in your reference schematic ( receptacle ) as well. So, I hope that we can leave VCONN in floating state. It should not create any issues. Please confirm once.

Regards,

Suresh

0 Likes

Hello Suresh,

Yes, you can leave it floating as shown in the KBA.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes