SuperSpeed Design Examples V1.2.1 GPIF examples

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
lopo_1264666
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

From "SuperSpeed Design Examples V1.2.1" and with CollectData set to "File To Receive".

Using Counter1.xsvf and defaulted GPIF clock (80MHz) for GPIF_Example1, found out that the gap = 56 forever using CheckData for File Transfer TimeOut = 20s. Next, I used command “PCLK-“ to reduce the GPIF clock to 50MHz and the gap reduced to 40 forever for File Transfer TimeOut = 20s.

Using Counter1.xsvf and defaulted GPIF clock (80MHz) for GPIF_Example2, found out that the gap alternates between these 2 values: 8192 and -8192 using CheckData for File Transfer TimeOut = 20s. Next, I used command “PCLK-“ to reduce the GPIF clock to 50MHz and the gap changed to -1 forever for File Transfer TimeOut = 20s.

Since gap = -1 represents perfect case where host computer can keep up with the counter count in CPLD while gap = positive number means missing counter count, how about -8192?

I don’t really understand the last statement returned by CheckData. TotalMissedSamples = summation of all gap values? How about the percentage analysis such as 2%, 1160%? I tried to plug in the numbers but couldn’t get its value correctly. Please refer to my attachment.

0 Likes
11 Replies