Problem programming FX3 through RAM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RiBe_4514336
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First reply posted First question asked

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to program FX3 RAM and Boot from USB in my Custom Cypress Device Board, I'm using the CYUSB3014 chip on my custom board that I copied from the Superspeed Explorer KIT, as Boot mode I chose RAM Boot, so I properly configured the pin as shown in doc AN76405.

When I connect my board the device enumerates as 'Cypress FX3 USB BootLoader Device' as shown in figure 1

Fig 1Fig 1

after the programming, the device doesn't enumerate and on the bottom left corner appears the label Programming Succeded (Fig 2)

Fig 2Fig 2

I try to load my code and also the USBBulkSourceSink firmware example but it never works, on the Superspeed Explorer Kit everything works fine, also my code.

I've tried to connect both USB 2.0 and 3.0 but nothing changes

I also check with a USB sniffer the USB commands and they are identical both in my custom board and in the superspeed explorer kit.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Riccardo

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

EDITTED

Hello Riccardo,

Please let me know if the default USBBulkSourceSink was used for testing. If not, then kindly check with default USBBulkSourceSink example and let me know the results. 

By the following statement, 

"I've tried to connect both USB 2.0 and 3.0 but nothing changes", did you mean to say that you tried to use the CyU3PConnectState() with the second parameter set to CyTrue and CyFalse? If not, then kindly check with the second parameter of the API CyU3PConnectState() set as CyFalse.

- Please confirm that you are using FX3 SDK 1.3.4 for testing.

-Also, kindly share the schematics of the board so that we can have a look at it.

-In addition to this, please check if the device is enumerated in the device manager with a yellow exclamation mark. If yes, then try uninstalling the driver for the device. After this, reprogram the device and manually install the driver for the device.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

EDITTED

Hello Riccardo,

Please let me know if the default USBBulkSourceSink was used for testing. If not, then kindly check with default USBBulkSourceSink example and let me know the results. 

By the following statement, 

"I've tried to connect both USB 2.0 and 3.0 but nothing changes", did you mean to say that you tried to use the CyU3PConnectState() with the second parameter set to CyTrue and CyFalse? If not, then kindly check with the second parameter of the API CyU3PConnectState() set as CyFalse.

- Please confirm that you are using FX3 SDK 1.3.4 for testing.

-Also, kindly share the schematics of the board so that we can have a look at it.

-In addition to this, please check if the device is enumerated in the device manager with a yellow exclamation mark. If yes, then try uninstalling the driver for the device. After this, reprogram the device and manually install the driver for the device.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes