Messy data from FX3 UART?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Subhash24
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 likes given 50 sign-ins

Hello I'm using FX3, for  debug purpose I'm using Tera Term, to see data sent from FX3, for basic start , I tried to print "Hello world" but all I got is messy data. what's the problem?

COM8 - Tera Term VT 11_23_2021 2_44_30 PM.png

and serial port settings 

COM8 - Tera Term VT 11_23_2021 2_50_55 PM.png

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi,

1. Please check if the DebugPreamble is set to False.

2. Please try to use a different usb serial device and let us know if the issue persists.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
AliAsgar

Hi,

There is a possibility that this may be a problem with the cable used to connect the UART port to the PC.
1. Could you try using different cables and different ports on the PC and see if the issue still persists?

2. What is the application? Which FX3 firmware project is used? What are the modifications done to the default firmware?

3. Is superspeed explorer kit being used? If yes, could you share your firmware with us, so that we can try to reproduce the issue at our end.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes
Subhash24
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 likes given 50 sign-ins

AliAsgar,

I'm using denebola kit, I'm using OV5640 firmware, just tried to print   "Hello World" at the end of Debuginit function.

I already used 3 new cables but same problem persists.

0 Likes
AliAsgar

Hi,

Are the debugPrints coming in using a CDC or through a UART port? If through a UART port, is a USB Serial kit connected to the denebola kit for this purpose?

Are the other debugPrints working fine, which are in the default SDK.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes

Hi,

I'm using UART port ,and I also tried to run debugPrints from default SDK but not working,

I'm using cyfxuartlpregmode example from SDK to test but its not perfectly working.

Result of using cyfxuartlpregmode :-

COM5 - Tera Term VT 11_24_2021 8_04_54 PM.png

as you can see first I long pressed d then e then g, sometimes characters are printing but sometimes unexpected data is printing.

0 Likes
AliAsgar

Hi,

1. Please check if the DebugPreamble is set to False.

2. Please try to use a different usb serial device and let us know if the issue persists.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes