How to configure FX3 USB device with multiple interfaces/functions?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
IzMa_4105896
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello,

I need to implement two functions on one USB device:

1. USB-UART bridge (i.e. FX3 SDK cyfxusbuart example)
  2. synchronous slave FIFO protocol over GPIF II (i.e. FX3 SDK slfifosync example)

Both these functions must be active at the same time.  For example the device must be able to send commands over the USB-UART bridge while receiving/sending through the FIFO.   

What would the USB descriptors look like for this?   Is there a good online or textbook resource that would help get me going?  I could not find an SDK example with this kind of configuration.

Thank you,

Iztok

0 Likes
1 Solution

Please do the following to bind driver to Serial devices. Firstly un-install the driver that bind to Serial devices and do the following.

The following steps need to be followed only once, to force bind this interface to CDC driver:

1. Download and install CypressDriverInstaller_1.exe from the following link: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/usb-serialsoftware-development-kit Page 2 of 3 2. After default installation, 'Cypress USB-Serial Driver' folder will be created in the following path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress

3. Right click on CX3-UVC under 'Other devices' section of Device Manager and choose 'Update Driver Software'.

4. In the pop-up window, choose 'Browse my computer for driver software'.

5. Choose 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

6. Choose 'Show All Devices' and click Next.

7. Click on 'Have Disk...'

8. In the pop-up window, choose 'Browse...' and go to the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Cypress USB-Serial Driver\DriverBinary\CDC_Driver\bin\win7\x64

9. Choose 'CypressSerial.inf' file and click Open.

10. Choose 'OK'. In the next window, select 'USB to UART Adapter' and click Next.

11. In the 'Update Driver Warning' pop-up window, choose Yes.Now, one of the CDC interface will come up as USB to UART Adapter in Device Manager.

12.Now, you will have another device 'Virtual Serial Port' under Other devices section of Device Manager. 13.Right click on this and choose 'Update Driver Software'.

14.Follow steps 3 to 8.

15.This time select 'USB Serial Port' and click Next. After you choose 'Yes' in the 'Update Driver Warning' pop-up window, you will get a USB Serial Port(COM x) under Ports (COM&LPT) section of Device Manager. ['x' can be any number]

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies