GPFI II question

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

I am modifying continuous input GPIF II Designer project to continuous output,

but I have a problem with building output state machine. I have two messages like:

'Thread number' in action 'DR_DATA' of state- 'TH_RD_LD' need to be same as of action 'DR_DATA0' in state- 'TH0_RD'.

(Screenshot attached)

GPIF II Designer project is also attached.

Thank you,

Igor

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It is due to the limitation with the GPIF II Designer. We recommend you to add a wait state (which waits for clock cycle) between TH1_RD and TH0_RD_LD states.

Have transition from TH1_RD to wait state with equation as "DATA_CNT_HIT" and have transition from WAIT to TH0_RD_LD state with equation as "LOGIC_ONE".

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu!

Thank you for your answer! I can not wait one more circle. Could I circumvent this limitation in this way?

I've found a very simple model for continuous input and I've changed it to output.

Please see attached project. I've built C header output two times: one for Thread0 and one for Thread1.

Then I've found only one bit difference in state machine array outputs. This model has only 3 states and

it is simple to try to change bits in C header manually. Will this bad way be successful?

Igor

0 Likes