FX3 series: Reset your device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
bime_4763896
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Getting Please Reset your device to download firmware..

Unable to upload image in CYUSB3014 controller.

regards,

Bipin

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Bipin,

Since the PMODE can be changed, please change the PMODE to "F11" and connect the board to the PC.

The board will enumerate as "Cypress USB FX3 Bootloader Device" and you can then program either to the RAM or I2C EEPROM accordingly.

"I have added one extra controller to access I2C EEPROM."

=> Also, if in case there was no way to change the PMODE lines physically and since there is a controller on the I2C bus, you can corrupt the first two bytes in ASCII "43 59" of the I2C EEPROM which consists of "CY" as the first two bytes to make the device fall back to USB (when PMODE is set to F1F).

The FX3 Bootloader checks for the "CY" signature as the first two bytes when booting from I2C EEPROM or SPI FLASH and if it fails to find that "CY" signature, the device will fall back to USB and enumerate as "Cypress USB FX3 Bootloader Device" and you can then program the board again.

Regards,

Yashwant

View solution in original post

7 Replies
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello Bipin,

Please share a snapshot of the control center when you get the error.

FX3 can be programmed from control center application when the PMODE = Z11 or F11. Please confirm the PMODE values.

Also, can you let me know if you are using the FX3 SuperSpeed Explorer Kit or a custom board?

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes

Hello,

Screenshot of error.

Error_notification.JPG

I checked my PMODE values in my case it is F1F .

I am using custom board.

Regards,

Bipin

0 Likes

Hello Bipin,

FX3 can only be programmed using Control Center when the device enumerates a "Cypress FX3 USB Bootloader Device".

Since the device is set to F1F: I2C on Failure, USB boot enabled, you would need to make sure the device falls back to the USB and not boot from the I2C EEPROM

Is it possible to change the PMODE lines physically on board to boot to USB?

If not, can you let me know if you have added any method to access the I2C EEPROM in the already programmed firmware in the EEPROM (I2C writes or reads)?

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes

Hello Yeshwant,

Yes it is Possible to change the PMODE lines physically on board.

I have added one extra controller to access I2C EEPROM.

Regards,

Bipin

0 Likes

Hi Bipin,

Since the PMODE can be changed, please change the PMODE to "F11" and connect the board to the PC.

The board will enumerate as "Cypress USB FX3 Bootloader Device" and you can then program either to the RAM or I2C EEPROM accordingly.

"I have added one extra controller to access I2C EEPROM."

=> Also, if in case there was no way to change the PMODE lines physically and since there is a controller on the I2C bus, you can corrupt the first two bytes in ASCII "43 59" of the I2C EEPROM which consists of "CY" as the first two bytes to make the device fall back to USB (when PMODE is set to F1F).

The FX3 Bootloader checks for the "CY" signature as the first two bytes when booting from I2C EEPROM or SPI FLASH and if it fails to find that "CY" signature, the device will fall back to USB and enumerate as "Cypress USB FX3 Bootloader Device" and you can then program the board again.

Regards,

Yashwant

Hello Yeshwant,

Thank you for your reply. solved the problem of reset the device.

I have problem in debug of code as am booting from EEPROM am not understanding how to debug the code.

Regards,

Aniket

0 Likes

Hello Aniket,

Happy to hear that the issue is resolved.

"I have problem in debug of code as am booting from EEPROM am not understanding how to debug the code."

=> Since it is not a continuation of the original thread, you can create another thread and a Cypress engineer will assist in resolving the issue.

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes