FX3 bulk transfer unreliable on Windows 10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiVi_1497601
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First reply posted First question asked

I have a project that works very reliable on Win7 computers, but when I use it on Win10 machines the success of grabbing frames drops to 50%. What is strange is that sometimes the rate of successfully transferring frames will change from as bad as 10% to up to 75%. But on the Win7 machine its 100-99% successful. I have updated to the most recent drivers 1.2.3.20 and still see the same issue. I have began to look into the code, but instinct makes me think it could be the OS or maybe a hardware problem. Another note is that I have tried all 4 USB3.0 ports on that Win10 machine and produce the same bad results. Computer specs are i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz 64 bit.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

Please confirm if you are using Cypress provided host applications or is it your custom tool. Kindly, test it out using the Streamer application and mention the throughput.

EDIT: Latest generation processors drive the core into low power based on CPU load thereby interrupting USB transfers. To avoid this, use a dummy code in your application to keep the processor alive. This will prevent the CPU entering into low power C states and thereby not affecting the USB transfers.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

Please confirm if you are using Cypress provided host applications or is it your custom tool. Kindly, test it out using the Streamer application and mention the throughput.

EDIT: Latest generation processors drive the core into low power based on CPU load thereby interrupting USB transfers. To avoid this, use a dummy code in your application to keep the processor alive. This will prevent the CPU entering into low power C states and thereby not affecting the USB transfers.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes