FX3 Linux app to port to Windows10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoNe_4646056
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

I have a Linux (Ubuntu) FX3 app running just fine - using the cyusb library (wrapper for libusb-1.0).

What do you suggest to port this app to Windows, more specifically the cyusb library or equivalent?  I don't see an equivalent library in the FX3 Windows folders?!

I'd obviously like to reuse as much of my app as possible

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello John,

I have created the required Static Library (CyUSBLib.lib) for both x86 and x64 OS using libusb-1.0 and cyusb_linux_1.0.5  in Visual Studios.

You can now use the CyUSBLib.lib in Visual Studios application along with your Linux files to generate the executable file in Windows.

The CyUSBLib_Linux package contains all the required files and folders to build your application.

I have also included a Test Application which I had used to test a bulk loop operation on FX2LP. Please refer to the testLib.sln for the example.

Note that, in Windows libusb access the devices which are bound only to the WinUSB Driver.

I have attached an INF file (CyWinUSB.inf) which can be used to bind specific cypress devices (with VID 04B4 and respective PIDs that are listed in the inf file) to the WinUSB driver.

This driver is not digitally signed. Hence the PC must be put into test mode or the driver signing enforcement must be disabled to bind to the respective driver.

zip file password: cypress

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

7 Replies