FX3/FX3S: some questions

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear all,

I spent some time to learn about FX3/FX3S. My application is to acquire data from ADC through GPIF II, then send them to USB 3.0 and an SD card. The throughout is 1.675 MBytes/s (13.4 Mbits/s). Before starting the real things, I would like to ask you some questions:

- Is it possible to store real files (such as .CSV) in the SD card or only raw data? Is the FX3S powerful enough to give data a real file format?

- An acquisition cycle will be 256 clock cycles, but I will acquire data only during 104 cycles (4 chan x 24 bits + 8 other bits). Not every ADC channel will be enable all the time so some data must be removed. So I have 2 choices:

• Processing data while in the DMA buffer (removing data from disable channels)
  •     
  • Tell the state machine how many clock cycles it has to get data by reading a firmware variable. If I understand correctly, this is NOT possible to implement in GPIF II state machine.
  •    

So, does removing disabled channel data take lots of CPU ressources? Would the FX3(S) be powerful enough?

- My last question, I tried to measure the PCLK of a Master Sync GPIF II project (AutoMaster from AN87216) but the pin stay at high level. I use only one USB3.0 kit, I don't have any slave. Is it normal? I expected to measure a 100 MHz clock...

Best,

Christian

0 Likes
7 Replies