FATFS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DhN_4227681
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Hello,

How to integrate FATFS to firmware inorder to read data in PC/Mobile from SD Card?I went through the default FATFS firmware and wanted to integrate that into my firmware.Anyone did the same application please let me know.

Regards,

Dhanuja.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Dhanuja,

I believe you want to write or read raw video data into the SD card.

Can you just confirm this?

As I already mentioned in my first response, you will have to implement FatFS on the FX3S side such that the data that is being written is not in RAW format and gets written or read in a format that the PC can recognize.

You can go through the functions that are available in FatFS file system from the link: FatFs - Generic FAT Filesystem Module

The above link addresses the list of functions that can be implemented in a file system.

Please go through it to get a better idea and understanding of how you can do it.

Regards,

Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello Dhanuja,

You can refer to the following firmware which has an implmentation of FATFs that copies data from one SD card to another SD card: SUBJECT: FX3S – SD Card Copy

It is a big task as you would need to write a custom android application which has to access the FATFS and then read or write to the SD card.

Please let me know if you are gonna use it with a custom android application?

Also, can you tell what type of data you plan on reading or writing to the SD card?

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes

Hello,

Please let me know if you are gonna use it with a custom android application?

No,I just want to see that in SD Card(File Manager).

Also, can you tell what type of data you plan on reading or writing to the SD card?

I want to store video data in SD Card which is coming from FPGA(Image Sensor).

Regards,

Dhanuja.

0 Likes

Hello Dhanuja,

I believe you want to write or read raw video data into the SD card.

Can you just confirm this?

As I already mentioned in my first response, you will have to implement FatFS on the FX3S side such that the data that is being written is not in RAW format and gets written or read in a format that the PC can recognize.

You can go through the functions that are available in FatFS file system from the link: FatFs - Generic FAT Filesystem Module

The above link addresses the list of functions that can be implemented in a file system.

Please go through it to get a better idea and understanding of how you can do it.

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes